The ECM-1240 is a multi-channel energy consumption monitor. It is used to measure consumption of up to 7 electrical circuits and provide up to the minute consumption data. The ECM-1240 also has an optional pulse counting input. It can accept pulses from water or gas meter which have pulse outputs and provide consumption information.
- 7 Energy Monitoring channels.
- Channel 7 (AUX5) optional pulse counting.
- NET Metering.
- Accurate “True” power measurements.
The ECM-1240 is useful for small installations that don’t require a lot of channels or as an addition to a GreenEye Monitor for a few extra channels.
- Monitoring a small rental unit.
- Sub-panel monitoring.
- Wind or solar system net monitoring
The ECM-1240 has 7 channels, 2 normal channels and 5 AUX channels. All the channels have the following capabilities:
- Measures “True” (Real) Power. This is what the power company charges for.
- Ability to monitor a 120V or split-phase 120V/240V load on a single channel.
Channel 1 and 2 have the following special capabilities:
- Monitor NET energy for Solar or Wind generating system.
- Compatible with any Brultech CT.
The 5 AUX channels are limited to our Micro-CTs.
AUX5 on the ECM-1240 can be used for optional pulse counting. To use this option, a factory-installed resistor must be removed from AUX5 before connecting up the pulse counter.
The ECM-1240 supports 3 forms of communication:
- RS-232 (Default)
- Ethernet (Optional)
- ZigBee® (XBee® Module) (Optional)
Ethernet is connected using our DB9 cable and an EtherPort gateway. The gateway will covert the RS232 signal and send it through Ethernet. Zigbee® is used as a wireless connection to your router or to hook up to existing compatible Zigbee® devices. To use it as a wireless link, it must be combined with our EtherBee gateway.