Energy Monitoring Systems – How They Work
1. Sensors measure voltage and branch currents
- Current sensors are installed to each breaker wire in your circuit panel.
- Voltage is sensed using a specialized AC adapter.
- Measurements from the current and voltage sensors are used to determine “true” power and energy.
2. Measured data is forwarded to the Data Host
- The energy monitor is connected to your network (or directly to a computer).
- Configure to send to a data host of your choice.
- The data host interprets the incoming data and converts it into meaningful information.
*Data Host is any of the variety of services/software supported by our hardware.
3. The Data Host stores the data for viewing via Dashboards
View your consumption data on your data hosts dashboard.
- Figure out where your power is going.
- Find any “phantom power” being used while idle.
- Compare your appliance usage to new energy efficient appliances.
Use the data to reduce your power usage and save money.