MQTT

ben
Site Admin

Re: MQTT

Post by ben » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:50 pm

ColoradoSolar wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:48 am
I am using the data is an app I wrote that I use for controlling my solar system. I went the MQTT route since it seemed the easiest and it works fine just the updates are not quick enough. Where is there some docs on packet forwarding, including the format of the packets?

I found the packet format doc. Another question. One of my GEMs is connected RS-232 to the dashbox and the other is through WiFi. Can I still use packet forwarding?

Eric
If not set already, switch the WiFi GEM Binary-32-NET or Bin-48-NET-Time to send to DashBox IP/Port 8001 or 8002 (depending on what port is already in use) and it'll work.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
ColoradoSolar

Post by ColoradoSolar » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:59 pm

So I can change the format in the "Packet Send" tab of the GEM interface but I have no idea where to go to tell the GEM to set where to send the packet
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:26 am

ColoradoSolar wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:59 pm
So I can change the format in the "Packet Send" tab of the GEM interface but I have no idea where to go to tell the GEM to set where to send the packet
- WiFi/Ethernet, under the Network tab in the GEM Setup Webpage controls the TCP port.
- WiFi-only (if it's a reaaally old unit) you have to use the GEM Network Utility at https://www.brultech.com/software

Chances are it's WiFi/Ethernet.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com