DashBox Database Backup

bjcatlin

Re: DashBox Database Backup

Post by bjcatlin » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:10 pm

ben wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:23 am
bjcatlin wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:06 pm
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but it appears that the links for the old 9.1 version of the Linux binaries is dead now. Both of my energy monitors got taken out by a lightning strike about a year ago, and I've finally gotten everything replaced and working again, only to find out the my Linux server had updated postgresql sometime during that year, and the new version is just not working with the older server running on DashBox.

I tried the -Fp flag, and that still doesn't work. I just get
pg_dump: error: aborting because of server version mismatch
pg_dump: detail: server version: 9.1.11; pg_dump version: 15.1

command line: pg_dump -Fp -x -O -h 192.168.68.38 -U dbbackup -f /srv/Dashbox/backup-Mains.tmp brultech_dash

Anyone know where to find 9.1 Linux binaries (I'm running Fedora 38)? The postgresql.org website only has them back to version 11.

Any help would be appreciated!
If it updated it usually doesn't remove the 9.1 binaries. Can you try a "sudo find / -name pg_dump"?
Tried that, and it only found the one instance /usr/bin/pg_dump, which is the version 15.1... Also tried the find command on all of my other machines to see if I had a backup copy of it somewhere, and no such luck. So if I do find a version of 9.1 somewhere, at least I know to keep a backup of it on another machine this time.

It was years ago that I installed this, so it may have been installed through an RPM package, not really sure.
bjcatlin

Re: DashBox Database Backup

Post by bjcatlin » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:46 pm

bjcatlin wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:10 pm
ben wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:23 am
bjcatlin wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:06 pm
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but it appears that the links for the old 9.1 version of the Linux binaries is dead now. Both of my energy monitors got taken out by a lightning strike about a year ago, and I've finally gotten everything replaced and working again, only to find out the my Linux server had updated postgresql sometime during that year, and the new version is just not working with the older server running on DashBox.

I tried the -Fp flag, and that still doesn't work. I just get
pg_dump: error: aborting because of server version mismatch
pg_dump: detail: server version: 9.1.11; pg_dump version: 15.1

command line: pg_dump -Fp -x -O -h 192.168.68.38 -U dbbackup -f /srv/Dashbox/backup-Mains.tmp brultech_dash

Anyone know where to find 9.1 Linux binaries (I'm running Fedora 38)? The postgresql.org website only has them back to version 11.

Any help would be appreciated!
If it updated it usually doesn't remove the 9.1 binaries. Can you try a "sudo find / -name pg_dump"?
Tried that, and it only found the one instance /usr/bin/pg_dump, which is the version 15.1... Also tried the find command on all of my other machines to see if I had a backup copy of it somewhere, and no such luck. So if I do find a version of 9.1 somewhere, at least I know to keep a backup of it on another machine this time.

It was years ago that I installed this, so it may have been installed through an RPM package, not really sure.
OK, after more investigation, it looks like I previously had version 14.3 installed, and the pg_dump was working from that version. The postgresql.org website does have version 14.9 available for installation. So I uninstalled 15.1 and installed 14.9 and my pg_dump is now working again!!! So as an FYI for future topic viewers, it looks like pg_dump will work up through v14.x, but 15.x seems to no longer be backwards compatible with the dashbox. And considering that postgresql.org currently has versions available all the way back to 11, I think we should have a workable solution for quite a while.

Thank you Ben for your help!