Just ordered a GreenEye, I have questions:

If you need help deciding on what monitor to get, which current transformers should you purchase for your panel, or anything else along these lines, start a thread here.
rhombixt

Just ordered a GreenEye, I have questions:

Post by rhombixt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Hello,

Just ordered a GreenEye, looks like a marvelous piece of technology.

Questions - I bought a large number of the Mini 40.s and two of the 100 clip on CT's. It says they cannot be combined on the same "channel". I am confused about 220V loads with a neutral - don't you need to have them on the same channel? Is this a mis-print? The same statement is made about the 100a clip on's . I can't find the offical manual for this product anywhere on the web-site. If this is correct, then how to you wire in for 200v loads with a neutral like a stove or dryer? do you use 2 channels then and some how "bridge" them in software??
I have a small 30amp sub panel, i want to monitor it as a whole and the circuits within.. is that possible?
Where do I order the dashbox from? The web page has a buy option but it goes no where,

I emailed sales right after my order to tell them I want it along with my new GreenEye.
ben
Site Admin

Re: Just ordered a GreenEye, I have questions:

Post by ben » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:36 am

rhombixt wrote:Hello,

Just ordered a GreenEye, looks like a marvelous piece of technology.

Questions - I bought a large number of the Mini 40.s and two of the 100 clip on CT's. It says they cannot be combined on the same "channel". I am confused about 220V loads with a neutral - don't you need to have them on the same channel? Is this a mis-print? The same statement is made about the 100a clip on's . I can't find the offical manual for this product anywhere on the web-site. If this is correct, then how to you wire in for 200v loads with a neutral like a stove or dryer? do you use 2 channels then and some how "bridge" them in software??
I have a small 30amp sub panel, i want to monitor it as a whole and the circuits within.. is that possible?
Where do I order the dashbox from? The web page has a buy option but it goes no where,

I emailed sales right after my order to tell them I want it along with my new GreenEye.
You can combine CTs of the same type on the same channel. You just can't combine CTs of different types, a Split-100 and a Split-200 for example.

Multiple micros of the same type connect in parallel to Ports 2,3 of any GEM channel. Splits connect to Ports 1,2 and 3,4.

We're only accepting DashBox orders through sales(at)brultech.com right now.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com