system advice

If you need help deciding on what monitor to get, which current transformers should you purchase for your panel, or anything else along these lines, start a thread here.
ALB

system advice

Post by ALB » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:20 pm

Hi all,

I'll be getting a 4.8kW rooftop solar install and a EV charger soon, but all the solar manufacturers seem hell-bent on locking you in to some stupid cloud if you want to see your data, so here we are. I know next to nothing about electricity but have a decent amount of Home Assistant and home server experience. I think my first choice would have been Iotawatt but they are no longer available, so the residential Greeneye seems best for me.

Other than the new solar panels and EV charger, my home electric setup is pretty unremarkable. Water heater, range, and dryer are all gas. No electric heaters anywhere. Photo of panel below. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: located in USA

ben
Site Admin

Re: system advice

Post by ben » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:13 am

If you're happy using Home-Assistant for monitoring you don't need a DashBox. You can also try out Grafana/InfluxDB or EmonCMS if you want more graphing.

This package is a good starting point:

https://www.brultech.com/store/index.ph ... er=product with Package A and G (A for your mains).

I count 23 Micro-40s needed for the breakers, you'll need a few extra for your EV charger and solar (maybe a few Micro-80s to be safe).
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com