GEM at 480V line-line 277V line-neutral configuration

If you need help deciding on what monitor to get, which current transformers should you purchase for your panel, or anything else along these lines, start a thread here.
ECMBonilla

GEM at 480V line-line 277V line-neutral configuration

Post by ECMBonilla » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 pm

I wish to buy a GEM. Ive read the 3 phase manual but i did not find a complete answer, so can you help me please? :)

Can i use GEM to measure that (3 phase at 480v)?
How can i do it (how energyce GEM)?
What i need?

Thanks, for helping...
ben
Site Admin

Re: GEM at 480V line-line 277V line-neutral configuration

Post by ben » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:16 pm

ECMBonilla wrote:I wish to buy a GEM. Ive read the 3 phase manual but i did not find a complete answer, so can you help me please? :)

Can i use GEM to measure that (3 phase at 480v)?
How can i do it (how energyce GEM)?
What i need?

Thanks, for helping...
Hello,

Our commercial version of the GEM is capable of monitoring 3-phase Wye systems. It requires a special configuration and a 3-phase kit. The 3-phase kit comes with a high-accuracy PT and phase detection pen.

Each GEM channel is only capable of monitoring 1-phase of a 3-phase system, meaning 1 3-phase load will take 3 GEM channels. So keep that in mind when speccing out a system.

Feel free to contact me via email for more information (ben(at)brultech.com).
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
ECMBonilla

Post by ECMBonilla » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Then GEM can connect to 277 V line-neutral to be energized?
Do i have to ask for three phase kit before paying?
and
Do i have to buy a special software to configure GEM for 3 phase?

Thanks, for helping
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:35 am

ECMBonilla wrote:Then GEM can connect to 277 V line-neutral to be energized?
Do i have to ask for three phase kit before paying?
and
Do i have to buy a special software to configure GEM for 3 phase?

Thanks, for helping
The GEM requires a standard 120V outlet to power it via a 5V wall supply. The 3-phase GEM has to have an additional module (PT) hooked up to a breaker in order to monitor voltage.

You have to ask for 3-phase as it requires an additional bundle.

All software compatible with the GEM is compatible with the 3-phase GEM.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
ECMBonilla

Post by ECMBonilla » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Manual says: Potential transformers will also be available with primary (line) voltage from 120VAC to 480VAC with an output signal in the 333mV to 666mV range.

I can not find it for buying, only the older 120V!, Is this included with standard package?? (i have been sending mails but no answer). Please aswer. Thanks
Teken

Post by Teken » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:29 pm

ECMBonilla wrote:Manual says: Potential transformers will also be available with primary (line) voltage from 120VAC to 480VAC with an output signal in the 333mV to 666mV range.

I can not find it for buying, only the older 120V!, Is this included with standard package?? (i have been sending mails but no answer). Please aswer. Thanks
You need only follow what Ben noted in the quote below in your email correspondence to the sales department.
You have to ask for 3-phase as it requires an additional bundle.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:46 pm

ECMBonilla wrote:Manual says: Potential transformers will also be available with primary (line) voltage from 120VAC to 480VAC with an output signal in the 333mV to 666mV range.

All 3-phase packages have to be ordered through sales@brultech.com as they require special configuration, unfortunately there's a few of us out right now with the flu.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.