purchase choices and configuration questions

If you need help deciding on what monitor to get, which current transformers should you purchase for your panel, or anything else along these lines, start a thread here.
sub3marathonman

Re: purchase choices and configuration questions

Post by sub3marathonman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 am

dbreiser wrote: I hope it isn't straight a la carte pricing. I guess I'll have to decide once I hear back.

Dave
On the "BUY NOW" link, Green Eye Monitor Package,
http://www.brultech.com/store/product.p ... roduct=108

You then get the GEM and a choice of two packages. There is no Micro40 Package, but there is a Micro80 Package of 16 / pack. I would be happier with the Micro80s than the Micro40s anyway, as mentioned you can then combine more circuits into a single channel.

I got the Package E Split-60 x 5, and I do like them for the 240V circuits, as the wire is much larger, the amperage used much greater, and I'm thinking the torque for the screws is more critical, so the Split-60 just fits over the wire with no loosening and retightening of the screw.

I didn't get Package A, the Split-200 x 2, and somewhat regret it now. I'm working on seeing how close all the addition of channels come to the actual utility meter readings, I'm sure that Teken or others have probably already figured this out accurately. With your situation with already having the Neurio, you can probably forgo the Split-200s as I did.

I also did without the Dashbox, and am using Open Energy Monitor's emoncms program, with the btmon program written by mwall. I have a great appreciation for mwall providing the btmon program. The emoncms program is also pretty spectacular if I could use it more to its full potential. However, the group involved there has never come up with a "user manual" to help people learn, so for me it is a trial-and-error approach. I'm getting better, but I'm also spending time reinventing the wheel.