Slow and expensive shipping to the US

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
depasseg

Slow and expensive shipping to the US

Post by depasseg » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Any thought to using something like Fulfillment by Amazon? http://services.amazon.com/fulfillment- ... -works.htm

Shipping prices and times to the US are crazy. An order I placed on 6 Jan is still in transit somewhere in the international shipping area between the US and Canada.
Teken

Re: Slow and expensive shipping to the US

Post by Teken » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Now you know our pain when we have to order things from the US to Canada! :lol: You guys have the cheapest shipping rates bar none.

Flat rate shipping with in the USA just can't be beat. Most places in the USA also offer free shipping after XXX dollars.

What you see is the standard shipping rates this clown corporation charges its people.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:05 pm

depasseg wrote:Any thought to using something like Fulfillment by Amazon? http://services.amazon.com/fulfillment- ... -works.htm

Shipping prices and times to the US are crazy. An order I placed on 6 Jan is still in transit somewhere in the international shipping area between the US and Canada.
Every order is unique due to every panel being different and installs being different (higher accuracy CTs, solid vs split core CTs, etc), we don't want to force anyone to purchase a package with a bunch of generic CTs that are over-sized/overpriced for their install.

The above situation combined with GEM firmware improvements (no one likes having to install a new firmware as soon as they receive their unit) and different communication models prevents us from having things pre-packaged at this point, so orders can take a couple of days to assemble and ship out depending on what was ordered.

We can't do much about the price right now but there are improvements we can make however to make order placed to ship-time quicker.

Packages should usually take around 4 business days, might be additional customs delays right now as it's around the holiday season.
Teken wrote:Now you know our pain when we have to order things from the US to Canada! :lol: You guys have the cheapest shipping rates bar none.

Flat rate shipping with in the USA just can't be beat. Most places in the USA also offer free shipping after XXX dollars.

What you see is the standard shipping rates this clown corporation charges its people.
Sometimes it's cheaper to ship from Canada to the US then to ship across Canada (shipping a package to BC vs California for example using a method other than Regular Parcel). Canada Post doesn't have to worry about competition.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
phoenixsecure

Post by phoenixsecure » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:23 am

Everything cost more in Canada, even more in Quebec. It is cheaper and faster to get something from China compare to the next province. Just check how much it cost us for Telecom, cell phone, cable etc, its insane.
depasseg

Post by depasseg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:42 am

I understand the intent to make it easier for the consumer, but of my 3 orders, 2 took 2 weeks (right before christmas), and the 3rd has already taken over 2 weeks so far and it's not through customs yet.
This last order was $200 of CT's and $40 for shipping (20%).

What I was suggesting was pre-shipping a bunch of stuff to Amazon in the US, then we could buy it from there. Shipping a bunch of stuff at the same time to the US should be cheaper + then add in the cost of Amazon warehousing and order support and the overall increase should still be lower than a 20% markup. So the consumer would pay less (or equal), your costs would not rise, and the customer would be happy that stuff showed up in 2 days instead of 2 weeks.

It's not that it's too "expensive", it's the "expensive" combined with "slow" is a bad combo. This could help with the "slow" part.

Just a thought.

Greg
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 pm

depasseg wrote:I understand the intent to make it easier for the consumer, but of my 3 orders, 2 took 2 weeks (right before christmas), and the 3rd has already taken over 2 weeks so far and it's not through customs yet.
This last order was $200 of CT's and $40 for shipping (20%).

What I was suggesting was pre-shipping a bunch of stuff to Amazon in the US, then we could buy it from there. Shipping a bunch of stuff at the same time to the US should be cheaper + then add in the cost of Amazon warehousing and order support and the overall increase should still be lower than a 20% markup. So the consumer would pay less (or equal), your costs would not rise, and the customer would be happy that stuff showed up in 2 days instead of 2 weeks.

It's not that it's too "expensive", it's the "expensive" combined with "slow" is a bad combo. This could help with the "slow" part.

Just a thought.

Greg
I'll mention it to Paul, might be something we can do once things are organized here. At least with CT orders.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
Leicki44

Post by Leicki44 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 am

Oh! They are absolutely crazy! It is so difficult to send packages internationally. The shipping cost is so high. I wish something comes up that helps in low shipping rate and same day courier service. Ah! this place will be a so much better place to live in.
GaryFunk

Post by GaryFunk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Shipping from first-world countries is expensive. However, shipping from a third-world country to a first-world country is dirt cheap.

Case in point, I just shipped two boxes from Saigon that total 153 pounds. The cost is about $2.50 per pound. To ship the same back to Vietnam is about $25 a pound.

One can do research on international postal treaties to see just which countries subsidize other countries.