Dashboard and Dashbox

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
ptr727

Re: Dashboard and Dashbox

Post by ptr727 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 pm

hi, I have 4 GE's in my house, two by one panel, and 2 by another panel.
Is there any way that I can consolidate the data from the 4 units into one dashboard?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:01 am

ptr727 wrote:hi, I have 4 GE's in my house, two by one panel, and 2 by another panel.
Is there any way that I can consolidate the data from the 4 units into one dashboard?
You can use BTMon.py, or post directly to SmartEnergyGroups.com to consolidate the data. If you're comfortable setting up XAMPP or something similar, I can send you a PHP-kit that can also work with multiple units.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
ptr727

Post by ptr727 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:44 am

Ben, yes, please send me the info.

What about dashbox, I see it has two serial ports, can it have two GE's connected?
And does dashbox have the ability to consolidate data from other GE's connected to other dashboxes?
When will dashbox be available for purchase?

P.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:51 am

ptr727 wrote:Ben, yes, please send me the info.

What about dashbox, I see it has two serial ports, can it have two GE's connected?
And does dashbox have the ability to consolidate data from other GE's connected to other dashboxes?
When will dashbox be available for purchase?

P.
You can do 2 GEMs, but anything higher then that is pushing it due to the hardware limitations in terms of logging every minute. Theoretically, you could set a limit on the log interval.. instead of logging every minute have it log every 3 minutes for example. We haven't tested more then 2 GEMs with a data logging limit however.

Send me an email, ben(at)brultech.com and I'll reply/attach the kit.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com