ECM 1220 Seems to be Kaput

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
tmeara

ECM 1220 Seems to be Kaput

Post by tmeara » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:18 pm

I purchased the unit off Ebay, which was my first mistake. There was a PT and bare cables, no CTs. The unit did not seem to be made very well made but it did display data from the previous owner when plugged in. I purchase two split 200 and four 50 CTs. It started recording data from my main feed but is seemed to be running very high (3000 watts with only my wife's computer and a led light bulb). I likely had the setting wrong. By morning the LED display was lit but there is no data, no numbers, and no response from any of the buttons. I waited a day, disconnected the CTs and plugged it in again - lights up but no display. Is there a hard reset?
ben
Site Admin

Re: ECM 1220 Seems to be Kaput

Post by ben » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:52 pm

tmeara wrote:I purchased the unit off Ebay, which was my first mistake. There was a PT and bare cables, no CTs. The unit did not seem to be made very well made but it did display data from the previous owner when plugged in. I purchase two split 200 and four 50 CTs. It started recording data from my main feed but is seemed to be running very high (3000 watts with only my wife's computer and a led light bulb). I likely had the setting wrong. By morning the LED display was lit but there is no data, no numbers, and no response from any of the buttons. I waited a day, disconnected the CTs and plugged it in again - lights up but no display. Is there a hard reset?
Let me speak with Paul and get back to you tomorrow.

The CTs in our store aren't compatible with the ECM-1220 as the ECM-1220 requires CTs with stereo jacks. Disconnect them for now as I'm not sure if they can cause any adverse problems with the ECM-1220. The Micro-50s more-so, as they don't have built-in burden resistors like the Split-200s.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com