GreenEye sensor conversion timing

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
BobM

GreenEye sensor conversion timing

Post by BobM » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi,

I am curious about the timing relationship between readings from different CTs that are contained in an individual update packet from a GreenEye monitor configured in server mode. Were the values recorded for each CT in a particular update packet converted (analog to digital) at the same instant in time?

My question stems from an apparent anomoly I see when I compute an estimate for one of my panel circuits that is un-monitored by subtracting the sum of monitored circuits from the value of the mains. In my panel, there is only one circuit un-monitored (long story). Anyway, in some cases the computed value is negative. It occurred to me that this could happen if the values of all monitored circuits were not taken at the same instant in time.

Thanks for any insight.
Bob
ben
Site Admin

Re: GreenEye sensor conversion timing

Post by ben » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:09 am

BobM wrote:Hi,

I am curious about the timing relationship between readings from different CTs that are contained in an individual update packet from a GreenEye monitor configured in server mode. Were the values recorded for each CT in a particular update packet converted (analog to digital) at the same instant in time?

My question stems from an apparent anomoly I see when I compute an estimate for one of my panel circuits that is un-monitored by subtracting the sum of monitored circuits from the value of the mains. In my panel, there is only one circuit un-monitored (long story). Anyway, in some cases the computed value is negative. It occurred to me that this could happen if the values of all monitored circuits were not taken at the same instant in time.

Thanks for any insight.
Bob
The channels are all sampled within milliseconds of each other.

How far is it off? It's possible that its accuracy but it should be within 1-2%. If it's higher than that, it's likely a CT setting issue.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com