EP-1 Etherport Lockups

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
doobster

EP-1 Etherport Lockups

Post by doobster » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 am

Does anybody else have any issues with the EP-1 locking up? I've had mine in place for about 10 days and I have had to power cycle it twice because it stops forwarding the information. It's already at the latest firmware.

Thanks,
Ross.
ben
Site Admin

Re: EP-1 Etherport Lockups

Post by ben » Tue May 07, 2013 10:03 am

doobster wrote:Does anybody else have any issues with the EP-1 locking up? I've had mine in place for about 10 days and I have had to power cycle it twice because it stops forwarding the information. It's already at the latest firmware.

Thanks,
Ross.
When it stops forwarding data, can you still discover it via the EtherX program?

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
rhodesep

Post by rhodesep » Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm

My GEM locks up daily. My GEM has the Ethernet plug in board, is that the EP-1? I have the latest Firmware for both C & E. Seems like I am loading software everyday. It does not help. When it locks up (stop sending data) I can shake it loose by searching and changing to server that changing back to client. Mixed is a little ifee. do I have the same trouble you are describing ?
doobster

Post by doobster » Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 pm

I do not believe so. The EP-1 is a standalone serial to ethernet gateway. I am waiting for mine to lock up so that I can try Ben's suggestion.
Teken

Post by Teken » Wed May 08, 2013 2:51 pm

rhodesep wrote:My GEM locks up daily. My GEM has the Ethernet plug in board, is that the EP-1? I have the latest Firmware for both C & E. Seems like I am loading software everyday. It does not help. When it locks up (stop sending data) I can shake it loose by searching and changing to server that changing back to client. Mixed is a little ifee. do I have the same trouble you are describing ?
1. Define locked up?

2. Where is the data being sent to?

3. Have you tried rebooting the GEM using the internal web page? You should reboot the COM, than Engine. Please ensure you wait at least 60 seconds before you move to rebooting the Engine.

It will take the GEM aprox. 30-60 seconds to send the first data pack. Sometimes rebooting the COM, unplugging the unit for 30 seconds, than letting it come back up restores communication issues.

Teken . . .
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

rhodesep wrote:My GEM locks up daily. My GEM has the Ethernet plug in board, is that the EP-1? I have the latest Firmware for both C & E. Seems like I am loading software everyday. It does not help. When it locks up (stop sending data) I can shake it loose by searching and changing to server that changing back to client. Mixed is a little ifee. do I have the same trouble you are describing ?
Under the Status page on the GEM web interface, what communication module does it say you have installed?

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
rhodesep

Post by rhodesep » Thu May 09, 2013 12:47 pm

ben wrote:
Under the Status page on the GEM web interface, what communication module does it say you have installed?

Ben

It says I have no module.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (32.87 KiB) Viewed 4949 times
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu May 09, 2013 2:48 pm

rhodesep wrote:
ben wrote:

Ben

It says I have no module.
Send me an email (ben@brultech.com), and I'll send you over a fix for that.

We don't want to publicize the method of doing so as it can cause issues if set incorrectly.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
doobster

Post by doobster » Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Ben,
It finally locked up again. I ran EtherX configurator and it does indeed find the device, and I can ping it as well, however I do not get any updates in the software.

In ECM Engine, the TCP Port box is yellow, and stopping and starting the listening process does not do anything. I quit ECM Engine and went back in, and it still wouldn't capture any messages. However, instead of doing a power recycle, I just saved settings in EtherX Configurator and all of a sudden I started getting packets again.

The only thing that seemed odd was that I noticed, around the time EtherX stopped sending packets, my two 1240's had synched up their send signals. Normally they're off, but because of clock differences between the two, one catches up with the next and they both inevitably start sending messages at the same time. Could that have something to do with this?

Thanks,
Ross.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu May 16, 2013 4:31 pm

doobster wrote:Ben,
It finally locked up again. I ran EtherX configurator and it does indeed find the device, and I can ping it as well, however I do not get any updates in the software.

In ECM Engine, the TCP Port box is yellow, and stopping and starting the listening process does not do anything. I quit ECM Engine and went back in, and it still wouldn't capture any messages. However, instead of doing a power recycle, I just saved settings in EtherX Configurator and all of a sudden I started getting packets again.

The only thing that seemed odd was that I noticed, around the time EtherX stopped sending packets, my two 1240's had synched up their send signals. Normally they're off, but because of clock differences between the two, one catches up with the next and they both inevitably start sending messages at the same time. Could that have something to do with this?

Thanks,
Ross.
You shouldn't lose connection if that happens.

What are your send intervals?

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.