GreenEye(ethernet), ISY 994i Pro, and Homeseer? Options?

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
Vanhalo

GreenEye(ethernet), ISY 994i Pro, and Homeseer? Options?

Post by Vanhalo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:52 pm

What is the best way to go now to monitor the GreenEye(ethernet)?

I have an existing Insteon Network with the ISY 994 and I have the Homeseer appliance that I have not implemented yet. Friend of mine sold it to me for $300. :D :D

I have been sitting on the GreenEye for awhile. I finally got around to installing it this weekend. It is pulling an IP address. I have a red light blinking every 10 seconds though.

I initially thought I could buy the Brultech Module on the ISY to monitor the GreenEye but I cannot purchase the module for some reason. I also read somewhere that the ISY 994 (non Zigbee) can only monitor the overall energy usage and not each channel.

I am little confused about which way to go to integrate the GreenEye into my current configuration

I was wondering if someone could nudge me in the right direction.
ben
Site Admin

Re: GreenEye(ethernet), ISY 994i Pro, and Homeseer? Options?

Post by ben » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:44 am

Vanhalo wrote:What is the best way to go now to monitor the GreenEye(ethernet)?
You have a few options: btmon.py, SmartEnergyGroups.com, tenBrultechServer, EngineG/Dashboard software.
Vanhalo wrote: I have been sitting on the GreenEye for awhile. I finally got around to installing it this weekend. It is pulling an IP address. I have a red light blinking every 10 seconds though.
If its the left LED, it means you aren't getting a voltage reading. The problem is either you only have 1 wall transformer plugged in (the stereo jack one not plugged one), or your PT settings are messed up.
Vanhalo wrote: I initially thought I could buy the Brultech Module on the ISY to monitor the GreenEye but I cannot purchase the module for some reason. I also read somewhere that the ISY 994 (non Zigbee) can only monitor the overall energy usage and not each channel.
I wasn't aware of the non-Zigbee model supporting Brultech monitors at all. GEM support is coming soon on the 994iZ. tenBrultechServer ties in with HomeSeer.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
Vanhalo

Post by Vanhalo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks Ben.

I got it working with SEG last night.
I am going to look at the Homeseer option.
I did have both transformers hooked up.

However I have a new problem now.

I hooked up 24 CTs today and when I plugged it back in I could not find it by MAC or IP address.

I tried everything documented.

I even downloaded a 3rd party app to find it by MAC address.

I have an old version of the GEM

Com ver. 1.50
ENG ver. 1.34
No PB Switch
Manufactured 7-6-2012
GrennEye Model GEM-W (this is odd because I do not have a wireless version but it clearly shows it on the sticker attached to the circuit board. It also says version 2.35)
Attachments
WP_20130312_001.jpg
WP_20130312_001.jpg (380.88 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 am

Vanhalo wrote:However I have a new problem now.

I hooked up 24 CTs today and when I plugged it back in I could not find it by MAC or IP address.

I tried everything documented.

I even downloaded a 3rd party app to find it by MAC address.

I have an old version of the GEM
Any lights on the Ethernet port?
Vanhalo wrote: Com ver. 1.50
ENG ver. 1.34
No PB Switch
Manufactured 7-6-2012
GrennEye Model GEM-W (this is odd because I do not have a wireless version but it clearly shows it on the sticker attached to the circuit board. It also says version 2.35)
Label typo, there'd be a WiFi module under the sticker if it was wireless.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
Vanhalo

Post by Vanhalo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 am

There was led activity last night.

I just checked and the ethernet leds on the GEM were solid Green and Amber - no blinky.

and no led activity lights on port on the switch.

I unplugged the power and ethernet cable from the Gem and started to see blinking green and amber on the Gem and the switch.

This is what I saw yesterday as well.

I have tried hooking directly to the Gem via ethernet and putting it on the same subnet 192.168.2.x and searching for the MAC address only.

It is not pulling an IP address either.
Attachments
WP_20130313_001.jpg
WP_20130313_001.jpg (284.47 KiB) Viewed 6051 times
Teken

Post by Teken » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:18 am

Vanhalo wrote:There was led activity last night.

I just checked and the ethernet leds on the GEM were solid Green and Amber - no blinky.

I unplugged the power and ethernet cable from the Gem and started to see blinking green and amber on the Gem and the switch.

I have tried hooking directly to the Gem via ethernet and putting it on the same subnet 192.168.2.x and searching for the MAC address only.

Hello,

I wanted to make sure you're using the EtherX software config tool to find the GEM correct?

Teken . . .
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:24 am

Vanhalo wrote:There was led activity last night.

Did it establish a LAN connection when connected directly? Did you disable wireless?

Did you happen to remove the ribbon cable at all?

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
Vanhalo

Post by Vanhalo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am

It could not connect directly using MAC address or IP.
I did not disable wireless because it does not have the wireless module even though the label says it is a wireless version.
I did remove the ribbon cable to troubleshoot but only on the ethernet module side not the interface on the Gem side.

Should I try reseating the ribbon cable on the Gem side?

Maybe I dinked it when I was hooking up the CTs?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 am

Vanhalo wrote:It could not connect directly using MAC address or IP.
I did not disable wireless because it does not have the wireless module even though the label says it is a wireless version.
I did remove the ribbon cable to troubleshoot but only on the ethernet module side not the interface on the Gem side.

Should I try reseating the ribbon cable on the Gem side?

Maybe I dinked it when I was hooking up the CTs?
I meant disable wireless on your computer, your WiFi connection can interfere with your LAN connection (when connected directly) when scanning with the EtherX software.

Shouldn't touch the ribbon cable, did you power down before removing the ribbon cable?

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 am

Try Appendix B of the attached manual (Page 6, PDF page 7).

Ben
Attachments
Firmware Upgrade GEM-E ver1.4.pdf
(915.82 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.