1-wire bus system with Greeneye

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
tomtoth

1-wire bus system with Greeneye

Post by tomtoth » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:36 am

So with the greeneye, it supports the 1-wire bus system. What sensors besides temp does it support? I've been to the maxim/dallas site, and there are tons of them, but I'm not quite sure what it is I'm looking for!. Looking for possible humidity sensors and current sensing (on/off) (current sensing is for radiant & solar hot water pumps).. and anything else if I can think of it.

Part numbers or suggestions?
Tom
ben
Site Admin

Re: 1-wire bus system with Greeneye

Post by ben » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:28 am

tomtoth wrote:So with the greeneye, it supports the 1-wire bus system. What sensors besides temp does it support? I've been to the maxim/dallas site, and there are tons of them, but I'm not quite sure what it is I'm looking for!. Looking for possible humidity sensors and current sensing (on/off) (current sensing is for radiant & solar hot water pumps).. and anything else if I can think of it.

Part numbers or suggestions?
Tom
We only have temperature implemented currently using the DS18B20.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
topherhansen

Post by topherhansen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 pm

How many temperature sensors can be monitored simultaniously?
I want to have (potentially) one for every room in my house and have the data uploaded to smartenergygroups.com.
topherhansen

Post by topherhansen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Also, is there a recommended wire gague/distance to use with these temperature sensors?
Teken

Post by Teken » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:38 pm

topherhansen wrote:How many temperature sensors can be monitored simultaniously?
I want to have (potentially) one for every room in my house and have the data uploaded to smartenergygroups.com.
The GEM can handle up to 8 one wire temperature sensors. I believe you can use CAT5e cabling up to 30-50 feet with out incident given the very low current draw. But, if you're able to use a larger 22 gage instead of the standard 24 which is typical of CAT5e even better.

Teken . . .
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:49 am

Teken wrote:
topherhansen wrote:How many temperature sensors can be monitored simultaniously?
The GEM can handle up to 8 one wire temperature sensors. I believe you can use CAT5e cabling up to 30-50 feet with out incident given the very low current draw. But, if you're able to use a larger 22 gage instead of the standard 24 which is typical of CAT5e even better.

Teken . . .

If installing sensors, keep in mind that you must connect them one at a time, select the sensor input and register the number. If more than one is connected while trying to register the number, it'll throw an error.

We'll probably improve on this in the future, for now we're focused on other aspects.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com