Securing split CTs in place?

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
lleo

Securing split CTs in place?

Post by lleo » Thu May 03, 2012 9:51 am

Hi,
I have a regular 200A GE panel in my home and the main feeds are running vertically in the top part of the enclosure.
Can anyone please comment on what is an acceptable and typical way of securing the split CTs in place?
The split 200-CTs are not snug on the main feed wire and I think the low-voltage wires are not suppose to hold the weight of the CTs. There is a bit of exposed wire where the mains connect to the panel and behind it the non-isolated neutral bar is crossing. The split CTs would probably touch both if let to drop in here.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks, Lleo_
ben
Site Admin

Re: Securing split CTs in place?

Post by ben » Thu May 03, 2012 5:34 pm

lleo wrote:Hi,
I have a regular 200A GE panel in my home and the main feeds are running vertically in the top part of the enclosure.
Can anyone please comment on what is an acceptable and typical way of securing the split CTs in place?
The split 200-CTs are not snug on the main feed wire and I think the low-voltage wires are not suppose to hold the weight of the CTs. There is a bit of exposed wire where the mains connect to the panel and behind it the non-isolated neutral bar is crossing. The split CTs would probably touch both if let to drop in here.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks, Lleo_
Can you email me or respond with a picture of your panel?

ben(at)brultech.com

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
lleo

Post by lleo » Thu May 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Ben, sent you an email with links to the pictures.
Cheers, Lorant
John.Kaufmann

Post by John.Kaufmann » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Will an answer to this question be posted here or elsewhere?
lleo

Post by lleo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:17 am

I sent a picture to Ben, and he kindly confirmed that it should not be an issue to let the CTs to drop to the bottom of the connection, however, I chose a makeshift solution to put a zip tie across the two feeds and this way keeping them in place where I wanted.
See attached picture.
Best, Lleo
P1050104.JPG
P1050104.JPG (186.89 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
tysonlee

Post by tysonlee » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:06 am

I have a system with 3x1240 and the serial to Ethernet adapter. It started intermittently dropping all data, now nothing comes through. Used to be able to get it going again by powering down 1240's and powering up again. Now that doesn't work. Zero data coming through. D I need a new serial/ethernet adapter?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 pm

tysonlee wrote:I have a system with 3x1240 and the serial to Ethernet adapter. It started intermittently dropping all data, now nothing comes through. Used to be able to get it going again by powering down 1240's and powering up again. Now that doesn't work. Zero data coming through. D I need a new serial/ethernet adapter?
Did you ever have to power down the serial/ethernet adapter, or just the 1240s?

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com