Multiple Circuits on a single Aux input

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
mark_anderson_us

Multiple Circuits on a single Aux input

Post by mark_anderson_us » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 am

Hi All

I have 3 lighting circuits that I want to measure on a single Aux input. The 3 hots are all on the same phase and will easily fit thru a CT40. Can I thread the 3 wires thru the single CT, or do I need 3 CT's? If the latter, do I have to adjust anything on the ECM or in the engine software.

TIA

Mark
ben
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Circuits on a single Aux input

Post by ben » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:52 am

mark_anderson_us wrote:Hi All

I have 3 lighting circuits that I want to measure on a single Aux input. The 3 hots are all on the same phase and will easily fit thru a CT40. Can I thread the 3 wires thru the single CT, or do I need 3 CT's? If the latter, do I have to adjust anything on the ECM or in the engine software.

TIA

Mark
You can put multiple wires through a single CT as long as they're on the same phase, and don't exceed the rated amperage of the CT.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
mark_anderson_us

Post by mark_anderson_us » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 am

ben wrote:
mark_anderson_us wrote:Hi All

TIA

Mark
You can put multiple wires through a single CT as long as they're on the same phase, and don't exceed the rated amperage of the CT.
Thanks Ben
jloram

Post by jloram » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 pm

And if they are on opposite phases you can run them through the same CT in opposite directions.