Problem with Aux channels and spurious readings

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
machjobe

Problem with Aux channels and spurious readings

Post by machjobe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 am

Having recently purchased the Brultech Mono kit 1240 with 10 x 40amp CT's 2 x 80 CT's and the 2 x 100amp split, I am having very little success in obtaining meaningful readings from the Aux channels. I have installed the CT's and have CH1 and Ch2 giving believable results, but the aux channels all give random and considerably higher results than either possible or believable. I am relatively IT literate and understand electronics to a reasonable level, but so far have not resolved this problem. Any ideas?
Seems like data is corrupted, but have tried 2 other PC's using direct serial along with USB to serial convertors, so this is unlikely to be the problem. :cry:
ben
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Aux channels and spurious readings

Post by ben » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:35 pm

machjobe wrote:Having recently purchased the Brultech Mono kit 1240 with 10 x 40amp CT's 2 x 80 CT's and the 2 x 100amp split, I am having very little success in obtaining meaningful readings from the Aux channels. I have installed the CT's and have CH1 and Ch2 giving believable results, but the aux channels all give random and considerably higher results than either possible or believable. I am relatively IT literate and understand electronics to a reasonable level, but so far have not resolved this problem. Any ideas?
Seems like data is corrupted, but have tried 2 other PC's using direct serial along with USB to serial convertors, so this is unlikely to be the problem. :cry:
What CTs do you have connected to each channel?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com