ECM-1240 Engine and high COM ports

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
mathewbeall

ECM-1240 Engine and high COM ports

Post by mathewbeall » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:37 am

Hi Folks,

I have been using a serial<-->bluetooth adapter on my brultech for a while with no issues at all on Windows XP. I have recently updated to Windows 7, and my bluetooth adapter now starts numbering COM ports at 40.

When I go into the ECM120 Engine program it does not show those COM ports as being available....

I look in the log file and if I hit the drop down to pick a port it fills up with a bunch of "8002 Invalid port number COM Error"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
ben
Site Admin

Re: ECM-1240 Engine and high COM ports

Post by ben » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:56 am

mathewbeall wrote:Hi Folks,

I have been using a serial<-->bluetooth adapter on my brultech for a while with no issues at all on Windows XP. I have recently updated to Windows 7, and my bluetooth adapter now starts numbering COM ports at 40.

When I go into the ECM120 Engine program it does not show those COM ports as being available....

I look in the log file and if I hit the drop down to pick a port it fills up with a bunch of "8002 Invalid port number COM Error"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
Hey Matt,

Type in "Device Manager" in your Start Menu and open the program. Locate your adapter (I'm assuming it's a Zigbee dongle?), and double-click on it, it's mostly likely under the Ports section.

Go to the Port Settings tab and click "Advanced", you should be able to specify a COM port number there.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
mathewbeall

Post by mathewbeall » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm

I will try that - its actually a bluetooth serial port, so not sure if that option is available to me...

I will let you know.

Thanks,

Matt
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:24 pm

mathewbeall wrote:I will try that - its actually a bluetooth serial port, so not sure if that option is available to me...

I will let you know.

Thanks,

Matt
Ahh, that makes sense, it should work in the same fashion I'd assume. It may be under Bluetooth devices though.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com