Exposed CT Wire Leads

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
kickwind

Exposed CT Wire Leads

Post by kickwind » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.

My service panels are set into the wall. I brought the CT wires out of the enclosure, with the intent of leading them to the ECM-1240s. The wires go through a strain relief (not shown on the picture) and are attached to the wall with cable ties, but I'm still uncertain if the need to be in conduit - they just don't seem right to be so exposed.

Should the ECM-1240s be in an ABS service box (instead of simply mounted to the wall), and should the wire leads be routed to the service box in conduit? The service panels/ECMs are in a relatively sheltered part of a garage, but still in a garage.

Thanks.
Attachments
100_2189.JPG
100_2189.JPG (64.45 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
ben
Site Admin

Re: Exposed CT Wire Leads

Post by ben » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:45 pm

kickwind wrote:I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.

My service panels are set into the wall. I brought the CT wires out of the enclosure, with the intent of leading them to the ECM-1240s. The wires go through a strain relief (not shown on the picture) and are attached to the wall with cable ties, but I'm still uncertain if the need to be in conduit - they just don't seem right to be so exposed.

Should the ECM-1240s be in an ABS service box (instead of simply mounted to the wall), and should the wire leads be routed to the service box in conduit? The service panels/ECMs are in a relatively sheltered part of a garage, but still in a garage.

Thanks.
Hey Kickwind,

The signal from the CTs are all very low voltage isolated signals; therefore, it comes down more to personal preference and a cleaner install.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
kickwind

Re: Exposed CT Wire Leads

Post by kickwind » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks.