Help with install.

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
flxc4p4str

Help with install.

Post by flxc4p4str » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi,
I would like to purchase a package for my home which I am in the early stages of building. I've selected the package I believe I will need given my desired number of channels and reporting setup, but when my builder talked to our electrical sub-contractor (Southern State) he said he was unfamiliar with the Brultech system and suggested finding a qualified installer (lame...). I would learn how to do it myself, but I'm fairly disabled with a spinal cord injury (very little hand function and upper body movement)

Can anyone recommend an electrician in the norther virginia (loudoun county) area that might be willing to help me?

Thanks,
Rob
ben
Site Admin

Re: Help with install.

Post by ben » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:33 pm

flxc4p4str wrote:Hi,
I would like to purchase a package for my home which I am in the early stages of building. I've selected the package I believe I will need given my desired number of channels and reporting setup, but when my builder talked to our electrical sub-contractor (Southern State) he said he was unfamiliar with the Brultech system and suggested finding a qualified installer (lame...). I would learn how to do it myself, but I'm fairly disabled with a spinal cord injury (very little hand function and upper body movement)

Can anyone recommend an electrician in the norther virginia (loudoun county) area that might be willing to help me?

Thanks,
Rob
Hey Rob,

Send me an email at ben(at)brultech.com, and I can send you an installation manual you can show so they get a better feel about it.

Installation shouldn't be too difficult for any electrician. For Micro-CTs, you loosen the screw on the breaker, take the wire out, slide the CT over, and screw it back in. For Split-CTs, you just need to clamp it around the wire.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
WayneW

Re: Help with install.

Post by WayneW » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:20 pm

IMHO, ANY electrician can install this easily, especially during new construction. But, you probably want to calm the electrician down by stating that you only need the CTs physically installed in the breaker panel and the CT wires run to a designated spot (near the breaker panel, where you will mount your ECM-1240). Then state that you (or an assistant/friend) will be responsible for the actual installation and configuration of the ECM-1240.
~Wayne in Florida