Dialing in CT

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
tiredinva

Dialing in CT

Post by tiredinva » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:51 pm

Just quick clarification, I'm using a third party SolarEdge CT, the Split 200 I purchased from Brultech was too large and didn't fit my panel. I read Teken's post https://www.brultech.com/community/view ... ate#p10506 about calibrating with resistive loads. When he's mentioning fine tuning, is he referring to incrementing the CT Type number (from say 144 for Split-200 to higher / lower numbers) until it matches what I'm measuring with a true RMS DMM. Also I'm unclear on the 2/3/4 CT Range , in what scenario would that be modified.
ben
Site Admin

Re: Dialing in CT

Post by ben » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:59 am

tiredinva wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:51 pm
Just quick clarification, I'm using a third party SolarEdge CT, the Split 200 I purchased from Brultech was too large and didn't fit my panel. I read Teken's post https://www.brultech.com/community/view ... ate#p10506 about calibrating with resistive loads. When he's mentioning fine tuning, is he referring to incrementing the CT Type number (from say 144 for Split-200 to higher / lower numbers) until it matches what I'm measuring with a true RMS DMM. Also I'm unclear on the 2/3/4 CT Range , in what scenario would that be modified.
CT Type will increase the reading for each increment (up-to 255, over 255 drop the range by 1).
CT Range halves the value for each increment.

I would start with the Split-200 settings and go from there.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
EFIUnlimited

Post by EFIUnlimited » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:48 pm

Ben,

I have been hoping the micro 100 donuts would come back in stock as I have an 80a circuit that needs the larger thru hole. Any idea if these might be available again, and if not do you have any suggestions on a possible substitute?

I need 2 in case you have some hiding in a corner somewhere you could sell me.

Brian
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:38 pm

EFIUnlimited wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:48 pm
Ben,

I have been hoping the micro 100 donuts would come back in stock as I have an 80a circuit that needs the larger thru hole. Any idea if these might be available again, and if not do you have any suggestions on a possible substitute?

I need 2 in case you have some hiding in a corner somewhere you could sell me.

Brian
We've cut down on the low-demand CTs so the Micro-100s are discontinued but send sales(at)brultech.com an email. Paul can probably find a couple around.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com