ECM-1240 F/W upgrade issue

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
TheOtherOne

ECM-1240 F/W upgrade issue

Post by TheOtherOne » Mon May 15, 2023 10:17 pm

Hello,
I have an older ECM-1240 that I am trying to upgrade to the newest firmware to utilize the hardware with a recently purchased Dashbox.
Using the Firmware Updater in IA and following the instructions, I have been unsuccessful on several occasions.
The error message is:
"Could note locate Firm.com files. Would you like to browse for it? Try the ECM-1240 folder."
Upon selecting yes and navigating to the "Firm" file in the Program Files (x86)/Brultech/ECM-1240 Enginer/ directory, it says "Did not locate "Firm.com" file. Aborting Firmware Function"
I have used a couple serial converters, including the TrippLite, with the same results.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

- Ryan
ben
Site Admin

Re: ECM-1240 F/W upgrade issue

Post by ben » Tue May 16, 2023 8:53 am

TheOtherOne wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:17 pm
Hello,
I have an older ECM-1240 that I am trying to upgrade to the newest firmware to utilize the hardware with a recently purchased Dashbox.
Using the Firmware Updater in IA and following the instructions, I have been unsuccessful on several occasions.
The error message is:
"Could note locate Firm.com files. Would you like to browse for it? Try the ECM-1240 folder."
Upon selecting yes and navigating to the "Firm" file in the Program Files (x86)/Brultech/ECM-1240 Enginer/ directory, it says "Did not locate "Firm.com" file. Aborting Firmware Function"
I have used a couple serial converters, including the TrippLite, with the same results.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

- Ryan
The issue is the program doesn't have permissions to access the program files folder.

Copy the Firm.com file to a folder outside of Program Files or right-click and go to "Run as Administrator" and it should go.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
TheOtherOne

Re: ECM-1240 F/W upgrade issue

Post by TheOtherOne » Sun May 21, 2023 9:07 pm

Ben,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
This solved the issue and the ECM-1240 firmware was upgraded!
Thank you

- Ryan