CT Installation Safety

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
doobster

CT Installation Safety

Post by doobster » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Hi. I was wondering if the M-40, M-80, and Split-200 current transformers have a safety burden resistor built-in, or are they open circuits as shipped? Obviously if the secondaries are open circuits, then the load should be turned off before handling and not turned back on until they're fully connected to the electronics. Also, are there specification sheets for them?
ben
Site Admin

Re: CT Installation Safety

Post by ben » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:52 am

doobster wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:33 pm
Hi. I was wondering if the M-40, M-80, and Split-200 current transformers have a safety burden resistor built-in, or are they open circuits as shipped? Obviously if the secondaries are open circuits, then the load should be turned off before handling and not turned back on until they're fully connected to the electronics. Also, are there specification sheets for them?
The breaker should be switched off while installing any current transformer.

All of our Split-CTs have burdens.

The Micro's don't have burdens but can be handled while powered as they're very low voltage (around 5V in general because of core saturation). You might get a bit of a tingle if you touch both leads.

Paul is working on a document for the CTs.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
doobster

Post by doobster » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:02 am

Hi. I was wondering if the spec sheet for the CTs was available now. I ordered 32 Micro-40s which I'm looking for the specs on. I also have a few Micro-80 and a couple of Split-200 CTs, so any information on those would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Ross.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:22 pm

doobster wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:02 am
Hi. I was wondering if the spec sheet for the CTs was available now. I ordered 32 Micro-40s which I'm looking for the specs on. I also have a few Micro-80 and a couple of Split-200 CTs, so any information on those would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Ross.
Emailed the PDFs over. If you're looking for any other spec let me know.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com