Dashbox not sending correct values to ISY

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
jmlarson

Post by jmlarson » Mon May 31, 2021 12:08 pm

All:

I have been having difficulty with this for some time now. I set up state variables to export from my dashbox (V4.2.4b17) to my ISY. Many of the variables are showing up in the ISY (994i/PRO v.4.9.0) with a zero value, when their value is for sure not zero. Looking at the Dashbox ISY log, the variables are showing up in the log with a value of 0, however when I either go into my database or view live, the variables have a value that is not zero. I am trying to export watts, but I have tried changing the value to Daily kwh, weekly kwh, etc - still they show as a zero value in the Dashbox ISY log file. I tried deleting most of the variables then re-installing them and now even ones that were previously working are now not working. HELP! This controls my entire energy management system and now I am missing some key pieces...

Also, in a previous Dashbox software version, was there not an option to export total watt-seconds? That was one of the working variables I deleted, went to reinstall, and now the option is not there...

Thanks!
James in Phoenix
Teken

Post by Teken » Mon May 31, 2021 7:12 pm

jmlarson wrote:All:

I have been having difficulty with this for some time now. I set up state variables to export from my dashbox (V4.2.4b17) to my ISY. Many of the variables are showing up in the ISY (994i/PRO v.4.9.0) with a zero value, when their value is for sure not zero. Looking at the Dashbox ISY log, the variables are showing up in the log with a value of 0, however when I either go into my database or view live, the variables have a value that is not zero. I am trying to export watts, but I have tried changing the value to Daily kwh, weekly kwh, etc - still they show as a zero value in the Dashbox ISY log file. I tried deleting most of the variables then re-installing them and now even ones that were previously working are now not working. HELP! This controls my entire energy management system and now I am missing some key pieces...

Also, in a previous Dashbox software version, was there not an option to export total watt-seconds? That was one of the working variables I deleted, went to reinstall, and now the option is not there...

Thanks!
James in Phoenix
Hi James,

Would you kindly share an image capture of the Dash Box (ISY) logs. Can you also provide the same for the ISY State Variables more specifically the variable listing.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
jmlarson

Re: Dashbox not sending correct values to ISY

Post by jmlarson » Mon May 31, 2021 8:34 pm

So after messing around with this for the entire day, here is where I am.....

I removed all the variables, then re-added them. Viola, all seems to be working. Tried adding an additional variable, it doesnt work..not the first or second or third time..gives me a value of zero......so I remove all the variables, and re-add them. Then they seem to work. Then I add an additional variable...and it works....woo hoo....

Except, now a few hours later, one of the variables has 'locked up' - its value is not increasing...so I remove the variable and reinsert it. It is not returning the value as zero as all of the previously faluted values were, but its value is not increasing as it should (it is the total yearly kwh value for one of my channels)....Argggg!!!!

TEKEN - the first picture should be the variables that are being sent - sorry about the size, im not sure how to shrink it. Look at var 2/25. This was taken after I removed then re-added the variable. @ 6:07 it was my second variable....after removing and re-adding, it is my last variable.
isy variable issue II.JPG
isy variable issue II.JPG (227.74 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
The second are the state variables, with the ones I am currently trying to send highlighted. THanks for any help you can provide with this issue
isy variable issue III.JPG
isy variable issue III.JPG (191.74 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
Teken

Post by Teken » Mon May 31, 2021 9:19 pm

Can you provide me a image capture from the DB’s State Variable tab. Would like to see what settings and values are present. Also can you provide some insight as to how much network resources (REST) calls your ISY Series Controller sees a day / minute / hour?
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
jmlarson

Post by jmlarson » Mon May 31, 2021 11:58 pm

Teken - I am not exactly sure what you are asking for RE"DB’s State Variable tab" (DataBase or DashBox?) as I mess with this system very infrequently...so here is what I think you are looking for...
As far as the REST - how would I figure that out? Export the log file and count the lines over a given period of time?

In general, during peak demand hours (7 or 8 hrs/weekday, season dependant), I send these variables every 60 sec and do about 40 caculations. From there, I turn on or off different AC systems....

Thank you sir for the help. I really appreciate it.
Attachments
isy var 1.JPG
isy var 1.JPG (129.92 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:46 pm

jmlarson wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:58 pm
Teken - I am not exactly sure what you are asking for RE"DB’s State Variable tab" (DataBase or DashBox?) as I mess with this system very infrequently...so here is what I think you are looking for...
As far as the REST - how would I figure that out? Export the log file and count the lines over a given period of time?

In general, during peak demand hours (7 or 8 hrs/weekday, season dependant), I send these variables every 60 sec and do about 40 caculations. From there, I turn on or off different AC systems....

Thank you sir for the help. I really appreciate it.
Can you try upping the send interval to 120 and see if that makes a difference?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com