European version.

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
mcardlcp

European version.

Post by mcardlcp » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Is a European version (240 Volt, single phase, 50 Hertz) of the GEM Residential available ?
What is the delivery cost to UK ?
Teken

Re: European version.

Post by Teken » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:01 pm

mcardlcp wrote:Is a European version (240 Volt, single phase, 50 Hertz) of the GEM Residential available ?
What is the delivery cost to UK ?
Yes, the GEM is 240 / 50 Hz compatible and you need only send an email to sales@brultech.com for a sale & shipping quote.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
mcardlcp

Post by mcardlcp » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:48 am

Info.
I got my GEN and Dashbox 240 Volt, single phase, 50 Hertz installed and commissioned.
Works a treat!
Clement.
alanambrose

Post by alanambrose » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:24 am

I hope you don't mind me tagging onto this thread:

Can I ask - what about 3-phase 400Vac 50Hz in Europe?

Does this mean the GEM 'commercial' version? And, does it read each of the 3-phase voltages?

Actually I can see this in the manual:

"The GEM simplifies matters by monitoring a single voltage phase. Figure 3 shows the simplicity of the installation. The voltage is obtained via a wall-transformer. Other PT solutions are also available that allow monitoring 3-phase systems up to 480V."

Is it possible to describe what those 'other PT solutions' are and whether they're needed for accuracy?

I'm in UK and have (unusually) domestic 3-phase but I understand this set-up is common in Germany.

Also, would you mind adding the physical size to your marketing material please. This is needed, of course, to enable planning of a the physical installation.

Alan
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:15 am

alanambrose wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:24 am
I hope you don't mind me tagging onto this thread:

Can I ask - what about 3-phase 400Vac 50Hz in Europe?

Does this mean the GEM 'commercial' version? And, does it read each of the 3-phase voltages?

Actually I can see this in the manual:

"The GEM simplifies matters by monitoring a single voltage phase. Figure 3 shows the simplicity of the installation. The voltage is obtained via a wall-transformer. Other PT solutions are also available that allow monitoring 3-phase systems up to 480V."

Is it possible to describe what those 'other PT solutions' are and whether they're needed for accuracy?

I'm in UK and have (unusually) domestic 3-phase but I understand this set-up is common in Germany.

Also, would you mind adding the physical size to your marketing material please. This is needed, of course, to enable planning of a the physical installation.

Alan
We have a few installations in Australia with similar specs. It likely isn't but just need to confirm it's not 3-phase delta.

Make sure you purchase 600V CTs, we have them in:

- Split-60
- Micro-80-i
- Split-100s
- Split-200s
- Split-400/600s

Our 3-phase package comes with a higher accuracy PT. The GEM uses a reference phase and detects the other 2 phases so you want the PT to be as accurate as possible.

It's this PT here: https://www.brultech.com/store/index.ph ... er=product

GEM dimensions can be found here, we'll have to add them to the website.

https://www.brultech.com/wp-content/upl ... Promo2.pdf
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
alanambrose

Post by alanambrose » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:43 am

Thanks Ben,

>>> It likely isn't but just need to confirm it's not 3-phase delta.

I believe this is 4-wire (i.e. 3 phases and neutral) wye (or star as we tend to call it here).

That is, the line to line voltage is 415V and Line to Neutral Voltage is 230V.

@mcardlcp - is it possible to say a little more about your UK installation?

Alan
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:14 pm

alanambrose wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:43 am
Thanks Ben,

>>> It likely isn't but just need to confirm it's not 3-phase delta.

I believe this is 4-wire (i.e. 3 phases and neutral) wye (or star as we tend to call it here).

That is, the line to line voltage is 415V and Line to Neutral Voltage is 230V.

@mcardlcp - is it possible to say a little more about your UK installation?

Alan
Wye works, yeah. Keep in mind you can only monitor 1-phase per channel. So a 3-phase breaker will take 3 channels.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com