Post by ben » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Created version V1.2
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
scyto

Re: DashBox Database Backup

Post by scyto » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:23 pm

I could be wrong, but when i said don't prompt for password and put the passworf in the UI it didn't work. And i gotr the following:

Code: Select all

Starting backup 2017-12-5-1830backup.

The backup may take awhile to finish, do not close the window until finished..

Edit backup.bat with Notepad and remove the last line PAUSE if you'd like the window to automatically close next time backup.bat is run.

Closing the window early will only result in a corrupt backup. It will not affect your DashBox.

backup: [archiver (db)] connection to database "brultech_dash" failed: could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060)
        Is the server running on host "192.168.1.48" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
backup: *** aborted because of error
Backup finished.
Press any key to continue . . .
When i entered the password inside the command window it worked.

alex
Teken

Post by Teken » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:09 pm

scyto wrote:I could be wrong, but when i said don't prompt for password and put the passworf in the UI it didn't work. And i gotr the following:

Starting backup 2017-12-5-1830backup.

Edit backup.bat with Notepad and remove the last line PAUSE if you'd like the window to automatically close next time backup.bat is run.

Closing the window early will only result in a corrupt backup. It will not affect your DashBox.

backup: [archiver (db)] connection to database "brultech_dash" failed: could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060)
Backup finished.
When i entered the password inside the command window it worked.

alex
If you're using the new 1.2 Java backup tool you need only enter the password and select don't ask / prompt.

Entering the required password in the command window indicates a older version or the field box's were not selected / populated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
scyto

Post by scyto » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:26 am

That’s what I am saying, when I have the password in the UI and check the box it did not work.
Teken

Post by Teken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 am

scyto wrote:That’s what I am saying, when I have the password in the UI and check the box it did not work.
Just in case you didn't know there were several updates to the 1.2 backup program but the version wasn't updated. It could be you're using the older version.

I found that out during the Beta trials. Download a fresh copy and let me know if you have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 am

[quote="scyto"]

/quote]

This indicates a time-out error. Is your DashBox located at the 192.168.1.48 address?

If so, is it possible you applied an update right before trying to connect? The updater now reboots the DashBox to make sure all changes get pushed thru.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
bgrubb1

Post by bgrubb1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 pm

I finally got around to attempting to back up my DB and have hit a sql error. Any suggestions on what to try ??

Starting backup 2020-7-23-1626backup.

backup: reading extensions
backup: identifying extension members
backup: reading schemas
backup: reading user-defined tables
backup: SQL command failed
backup: Error message from server: ERROR: permission denied for relation rate_103_hour
backup: The command was: LOCK TABLE public.rate_103_hour IN ACCESS SHARE MODE
Backup finished.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:26 am

bgrubb1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 pm
I finally got around to attempting to back up my DB and have hit a sql error. Any suggestions on what to try ??

Starting backup 2020-7-23-1626backup.

backup: reading extensions
backup: identifying extension members
backup: reading schemas
backup: reading user-defined tables
backup: SQL command failed
backup: Error message from server: ERROR: permission denied for relation rate_103_hour
backup: The command was: LOCK TABLE public.rate_103_hour IN ACCESS SHARE MODE
Backup finished.
Apply the latest update, your most recent rate didn't give privileges to the backup user. It'll do that on update and will continue to do so after.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
bjcatlin

Post by bjcatlin » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:06 pm

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but it appears that the links for the old 9.1 version of the Linux binaries is dead now. Both of my energy monitors got taken out by a lightning strike about a year ago, and I've finally gotten everything replaced and working again, only to find out the my Linux server had updated postgresql sometime during that year, and the new version is just not working with the older server running on DashBox.

I tried the -Fp flag, and that still doesn't work. I just get
pg_dump: error: aborting because of server version mismatch
pg_dump: detail: server version: 9.1.11; pg_dump version: 15.1

command line: pg_dump -Fp -x -O -h 192.168.68.38 -U dbbackup -f /srv/Dashbox/backup-Mains.tmp brultech_dash

Anyone know where to find 9.1 Linux binaries (I'm running Fedora 38)? The postgresql.org website only has them back to version 11.

Any help would be appreciated!
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:23 am

bjcatlin wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:06 pm
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but it appears that the links for the old 9.1 version of the Linux binaries is dead now. Both of my energy monitors got taken out by a lightning strike about a year ago, and I've finally gotten everything replaced and working again, only to find out the my Linux server had updated postgresql sometime during that year, and the new version is just not working with the older server running on DashBox.

I tried the -Fp flag, and that still doesn't work. I just get
pg_dump: error: aborting because of server version mismatch
pg_dump: detail: server version: 9.1.11; pg_dump version: 15.1

command line: pg_dump -Fp -x -O -h 192.168.68.38 -U dbbackup -f /srv/Dashbox/backup-Mains.tmp brultech_dash

Anyone know where to find 9.1 Linux binaries (I'm running Fedora 38)? The postgresql.org website only has them back to version 11.

Any help would be appreciated!
If it updated it usually doesn't remove the 9.1 binaries. Can you try a "sudo find / -name pg_dump"?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.