Dashbox stuck on initial configuration

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
fl_insight

Dashbox stuck on initial configuration

Post by fl_insight » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:58 am

So I've had my dashbox connected for a year and a half and just found it had issues. I have not checked it in 3 months and when I try to load it's local ip, it goes to the initial setup page? I have rebooted the unit by unplugging it, no change. I tried submitting the initial configuration but it just refreshes the same page again. I would like to dump the data before a hard reset, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Shaun

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
ben
Site Admin

Re: Dashbox stuck on initial configuration

Post by ben » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 am

fl_insight wrote:So I've had my dashbox connected for a year and a half and just found it had issues. I have not checked it in 3 months and when I try to load it's local ip, it goes to the initial setup page? I have rebooted the unit by unplugging it, no change. I tried submitting the initial configuration but it just refreshes the same page again. I would like to dump the data before a hard reset, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Shaun

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I would immediately remove power to the DashBox and make an image of the SD card using the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437

It sounds like your SD card has locked itself due to corruption. Older firmware was a bit write-heavy on the DashBox. Also, the Transcend cards we used don't seem to be too resilient.

Send me an email and we can work on recovering data and getting you back online.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com