New install browser question

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
crosswinds

New install browser question

Post by crosswinds » Sun May 28, 2017 8:09 am

I just received my Brultech GEM with Dashboard. I tried the Eyedro and Curb products, I liked their 'plug n play' app but not the overall software and limited capabilities. Spending the weekend working on installing my GEM and DB. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and have 30+ years dealing with digital electronics so the hardware aspect has not been a problem. However I am not a software engineer and that is where I am challenged. The forums are very helpful and I've been searching for an answer to my current issue of connecting via internet browser. I have connected to the GEM / DB thru my router (no wifi, direct Ethernet connection) and seem to be able to access all the on-board software, but am unable to connect via browser. I am running Firefox on Windows 8. In attempting to download the GEM Network Utility v7.3 I get the attached fault. I tried disabling my firewall, tried Explorer browser but still no luck. Will the GEM Network Utility allow / guide me to connect via browser or is there another way? Any advice is much appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (81.28 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
crosswinds

Re: New install browser question

Post by crosswinds » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Finally figured it out. Had another anti-virus running that I forgot about. Got it running.