Split-30 CT type?

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
morganuci

Split-30 CT type?

Post by morganuci » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:37 pm

I just received my system and am reviewing "GreenEye/Dashbox System" Installation Manual (SYS-MAN Ver 2.2). The top of page 13 says "The following CT models are “Type A”: SPLIT-30, SPLIT-60, SPLIT-100, SPLIT-200, SPLIT-400/600, SPLIT-170". But near the bottom of page 14, it says "The SPLIT-30 is a “Type B” CT and the connection method for Type B
described above applies. The only difference is the addition of a capacitor inserted in terminals 1
and 4."

So, is a Split-30 a Type A or a Type B CT? And if capacitors are required for each Split-30 connect, where do I get them and what is their specification?

This information is in a section of the manual called "CONNECTING TWO CTS ON ONE CHANNEL", so I think it's saying that if I want to connect two Split-30s to one channel, then I need the capacitor of some unknown specification? However, the accompanying picture seems to show only a single CT being connected in conjunction with the capacitor.

On the other hand, the GEM_Quick_Guide_QGD.pdf does list the Split-30 as a Type B, but it doesn't mention the use of a capacitor at all.

Since my package system came with 12 Split-30 CTs and no capacitors, I'll definitely need to know if I need a capacitor with each. I don't believe I will need to install two Split-30s on a single channel.
ben
Site Admin

Re: Split-30 CT type?

Post by ben » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 am

The Split-30s are a Type B CT. Due to their size, there isn't enough room from an internal burden resistor. Ports 2,3 will add this burden to the CT.

You shouldn't need capacitors with your Split-30s. If you experience some error outside the spec of the CT, let us know.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
morganuci

Post by morganuci » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks for confirming that! I installed the system yesterday and so far it seems to be working great.

In the Dashbox, under Settings>Billing, after editing the rate, there's a button in the Data column labeled "Repopulate data". It warns that it takes a while, and indeed it does. What is that actually doing? I only have a day's worth of data, so I kind of expected it to run quickly for me, but it doesn't seem to.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 am

morganuci wrote:Thanks for confirming that! I installed the system yesterday and so far it seems to be working great.

In the Dashbox, under Settings>Billing, after editing the rate, there's a button in the Data column labeled "Repopulate data". It warns that it takes a while, and indeed it does. What is that actually doing? I only have a day's worth of data, so I kind of expected it to run quickly for me, but it doesn't seem to.
It likely finished, there's a small issue there that happens once in awhile where it just spins infinitely although it's already completed.

You can confirm this by going to another page (open a new window) of the Dashboard and viewing graphs in dollars, if the data is there for the first day (it backtracks) then it's finished.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com