DashBox GEM Configuration Manual

ben
Site Admin

DashBox GEM Configuration Manual

Post by ben » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:11 am

We've been working on creating a manual to help with setting up the GEM and DashBox for our new bundles. The first version of this manual is now available.
GEM DB system installation ver2.2.pdf
(4.19 MiB) Downloaded 666 times
We'll have a version of this manual with ECM-1240 instructions in the future.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
Teken

Re: DashBox GEM Configuration Manual

Post by Teken » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:45 am

Jut to clarify one point is the user name: admin and password: Brultech pertaining to the first generation silver units?

As I recall Pass1 was stated but gather this pertains to the second generation black units? If so both should be stated at the bottom of the user manual.
Teken . . .

My ongoing projects thread: http://www.brultech.com/community/viewt ... ?f=2&t=929
Buy me a cup of coffee: https://www.paypal.me/Teken https://gfinotify.com/ Discount Code: PC10
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Teken wrote:Jut to clarify one point is the user name: admin and password: Brultech pertaining to the first generation silver units?

As I recall Pass1 was stated but gather this pertains to the second generation black units? If so both should be stated at the bottom of the user manual.
It looks like pass1 is correct. We'll correct the manual to reflect that.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
susunny

Post by susunny » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 pm

I note that in your post you were going to produce a manual for setting up the 1240 with the dashbox. Is that available somewhere?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:07 pm

susunny wrote:I note that in your post you were going to produce a manual for setting up the 1240 with the dashbox. Is that available somewhere?
I don't think it's completed yet but it should be pretty simple.

With your DashBox is already setup, and you're connecting via STS cable.
- Connect the STS cable to the ECM-1240
- Plug the STS cable into the front of the DashBox, make note of the Port number
- Go to the Settings section of the DashBox
- If your ECM-1240 is showing under Energy Monitors, you're good to go.
- If not, under System, go to Change Baud Rates.
- Set the Port that the ECM-1240 is connected to to baud 19200.

Via EtherPort/Bee:
- Connect to the ECM-1240 via the IA software.
- Under ECM-1240 Setup, change the packet format to HTTP.
- On the top menu click Set URL Info.
- Set POST Root URL to the DashBox IP.
- Set POST URL Extension to /index.php/ecmEngine/ecm1240
- Under ECM-1240 Setup, click Re-Boot ECM-1240
- Check the XBee Commands tab to verify the packet looks correct, it should look vaguely like:

GET /index.php/ecmEngine/ecm1240?...........
HOST: DashBoxIP

- In the EtherX software, set Server IP to DashBox IP.
- Set Port beside Server IP to 80.
- Set mode to Client or Mixed mode.
- Save the settings.
- Check DashBox settings, Energy Monitors for the ECM-1240
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
susunny

Post by susunny » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:57 pm

The part getting it connected and working, is pretty easy when you use the rs232 ports, what is hard is configuring the various reports so they give you correct info. For instance the calendar will give me daily consumption use, but I can't get it to report total solar generation. It used to do that before we had the sd card failure.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 am

susunny wrote:The part getting it connected and working, is pretty easy when you use the rs232 ports, what is hard is configuring the various reports so they give you correct info. For instance the calendar will give me daily consumption use, but I can't get it to report total solar generation. It used to do that before we had the sd card failure.
Configure the channel with the Solar Inverter to "Net". That'll create a new NET channel at the bottom of the channel listing. Mark that channel as "Inverter".
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
susunny

Post by susunny » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:47 am

I did that, I need it to populate the calendar with the daily production, when I click on the calendar tab it comes up with data for consumption, but when I change it to solar, not data shows up in the calendar.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:52 am

susunny wrote:I did that, I need it to populate the calendar with the daily production, when I click on the calendar tab it comes up with data for consumption, but when I change it to solar, not data shows up in the calendar.
The NET channel will only start logging from the day it was created. Did you have to recreate it?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
susunny

Post by susunny » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:01 am

Yes, we had to recreate the whole thing. Some of the steps I remembered, but it would be nice if you could put out a "Dashbox for dummies and 1240 for dummies" some of the things that are obvious to you are not so to obvious to the average hobbyist.