Current firmware change log / release notes?

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
wci68

Current firmware change log / release notes?

Post by wci68 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:58 pm

I have noticed that new firmware has been posted over the course of this year for the GEM, however I am not able to find any change log or release notes for these.

I do see a sticky thread GreenEye Firmware ChangeLog but it does not appear to have been updated in over 3.5 years.

I am not necessarily looking to update, though both the COM and ENG are now out of date on both of my GEMs. I haven't noticed any issues, but would like to confirm whether or not there would be a reason to perform an update.

Is there a more current reference for the changes in the latest firmware available?
ben
Site Admin

Re: Current firmware change log / release notes?

Post by ben » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:57 am

wci68 wrote:I have noticed that new firmware has been posted over the course of this year for the GEM, however I am not able to find any change log or release notes for these.

I do see a sticky thread GreenEye Firmware ChangeLog but it does not appear to have been updated in over 3.5 years.

I am not necessarily looking to update, though both the COM and ENG are now out of date on both of my GEMs. I haven't noticed any issues, but would like to confirm whether or not there would be a reason to perform an update.

Is there a more current reference for the changes in the latest firmware available?
I'll see about getting updated notes from Paul.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
wci68

Post by wci68 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:34 pm

By chance has there been any discussion or are there any updates on this?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:18 am

wci68 wrote:By chance has there been any discussion or are there any updates on this?
I'll ask about getting them together again. If you're at least at 4.20 and not experiencing problems relating to pulse/temp, you're fine.

4.20+ has some pulse/temp timing changes and emonCMS packet format changes to the best of my knowledge..
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com