GEM / Dashbox Help .......

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
penguinshockey

Re: GEM / Dashbox Help .......

Post by penguinshockey » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Mine has a blue board. I pulled the jumper and removed power as instructed and re-plugged back in. I get status lights now but only a red system LED and a yellow ethernet LED. The PB on the side does nothing either. I cannot access the GEM via the DB although it shows up in the device list. I can access the GEM Network setup if I connect the ethernet cable to my router but that is all. I'm not sure what the GEM com port baud rates are now since I can't access that. I have the DB connected via the GEM com port 2 into com port 2 of the DB. I have cycled the DB com 2 baud rate and no devices are detected at either rate.

At the rate we are going here at several posts per day I'm afraid it will take weeks to solve. I've invested over $800 and this is not working for me. Are there any other options for support beside the forum? I apologize in advance for being a little frustrated now.......
penguinshockey

Post by penguinshockey » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:52 pm

One more bit of information that I left out of my last post is that after some amount of time (not sure exactly how long but less than 30 minutes the last time) both LED go off as well as the internal green LED that is under the word 'GEM." Cycling the PS restores to the previously described status until all go out again.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 pm

penguinshockey wrote:Mine has a blue board. I pulled the jumper and removed power as instructed and re-plugged back in. I get status lights now but only a red system LED and a yellow ethernet LED. The PB on the side does nothing either. I cannot access the GEM via the DB although it shows up in the device list. I can access the GEM Network setup if I connect the ethernet cable to my router but that is all. I'm not sure what the GEM com port baud rates are now since I can't access that. I have the DB connected via the GEM com port 2 into com port 2 of the DB. I have cycled the DB com 2 baud rate and no devices are detected at either rate.

At the rate we are going here at several posts per day I'm afraid it will take weeks to solve. I've invested over $800 and this is not working for me. Are there any other options for support beside the forum? I apologize in advance for being a little frustrated now.......
Email me directly at ben(at)brultech.com and we can schedule a time for a call if you'd like.

Red LED indicates there's an issue with the unit, since you have LEDs now, put it in Recovery Mode and flash the latest COM firmware by doing the following:

- Leave the jumper off.
- Unplug the unit.
- Hold down the button at the bottom of the case.
- Plug in the unit.
- Connect via the GEM Network Utility.
- Go to the Firmware tab.
- Checkmark Recovery Mode.
- Select the firmware file.
- Click the Start button.

EDIT: Firmware is available at http://www.brultech.com/software under the GEM section.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com