An important announcement from Smart EGroups----BAD news $$$

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
mwareman

Re: An important announcement from Smart EGroups----BAD news

Post by mwareman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:08 pm

To be clear...

With the standalone dashbox, I put this on the URL Extension line "/index.php/ecmEngine/greeneye" the IP and port of the web instance on the URL address and "HTTP Get" (format 6) in the data format.

Is there any combination that would allow me to point the GEM directly to EmonCMS?
joelabq

Post by joelabq » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:43 pm

btmon.py must be used for EmonCMS. At least thats the way it is right now.

However, you don't have to have a Pi, or server, or whatever to run it locally. I am using Amazon AWS Linux instance (cloud server) which has btmon.py and emoncms on it and my GEM send all data to it directly. So, logically it's direct, but still requires the btmon.py script to make it work.

Joel
PaulS

Post by PaulS » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:51 pm

If you are interested in having your energy data available on any web connected device, you might want to investigate http://MyMonitorSite.com
We allow direct connection of ECM and GEM devices using the COM port adapters from Brul. So, either an Etherbee or Etherport for the ECMs and the wifi or Ethernet adapter for the GEM. We give you your own sub-site that your device posts directly to and we manage the data for posting stats and archive data for years of comparison by you. You can see the data on any smartphone or any device that has web access.
We also handle reverse usage due to solar or wind or any type of co-generation of power. So, Net Usage is also included. We can reverse data at our site if you connect the PT incorrectly, and we can handle 32 channels from the GEM plus temperature sensors.

See our live demo site: http://MyMonitorSite.com/c/demo
Our fee per device, ECM or GEM, is $24 per year with 60 seconds posts frequency. We are glad to discuss faster posting if you really think that is necessary.
Our goal was to provide live and historical data to the average resident or commercial user. We also install in multi-tenant buildings to give the landlord power usage data for each tenant.
We are happy to consider different web views of the data. If you are monitoring power usage, we believe our current display gives you simplified power usage by minute, hour, day, etc. but if you feel amp displays are vital, we can handle that.
If you have special interests we are happy to discuss it with you.
We are a division of SwebS.com, our web development and hosting company.
Please email me if are interested: paul@swebs.com
manddarran

Post by manddarran » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:20 am

Seems they have gone offline. Anyone else able to connect?
mattm55

Post by mattm55 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:22 am

Same here. One can only speculate :o(

My Dashbox is on it's way. I wasn't looking for a free ride but felt things we're going to get interesting with (changing) pricing and plans.

Once you start charging, you put yourself in a different category. Uptime, support, features, etc...

I have always received excellent support from Brultech and should have ordered the DB when it came out.

Matt
scyto

Post by scyto » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:24 am

I am sending data to emoncms, guess i need to figure out how to make decent dashboards - thats what stopped me from using it seriously before..

Has anyone looked at some of the merging IoT dashboard services like https://freeboard.io/ while not free for private dashboards (free for public ones) its certainly cheaper than what SEG is posting.... though one would need to push data through dweet.io or pubnub.
Grimshad

Post by Grimshad » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:46 pm

I also use emoncms. Switched from SEG because the SEG gadgets didn't do what I needed them to and sam would never reply to me about developing my own gadgets or him fixing his. emoncms is free and easy to use after you have it setup. It doesn't have as many visual options as SEG, but it provides the same function + unlimited customization if you know basic programming or web code. I highly recommend it, but I would use the stable master, not the new 8.5 version, i've had nothing but problems with the new version.