New GEM Install - Connecting PC to GEM Problem

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
JoeSoMD

New GEM Install - Connecting PC to GEM Problem

Post by JoeSoMD » Mon May 26, 2014 10:06 am

I just got my GEM with WiFi and Ethernet capability. Powered up the GEM. Verified that the amber com light came on. Factory reset the com module per the manual.

Problem encountered: Trying to connect my wifi enabled laptop (running WinXP) to the GEM. My laptop "sees" the GreenEye "network" and connects to it. I open a browser (tried in IE and Chrome), typed 192.168.2.2 into the URL line and hit return. Would not connect. It was supposed to bring up a sign in box. So I checked that the PC is set to obtain an IP address automatically. It is. Rebooted the laptop. No joy. Any suggestions?
ben
Site Admin

Re: New GEM Install - Connecting PC to GEM Problem

Post by ben » Mon May 26, 2014 10:19 am

JoeSoMD wrote:I just got my GEM with WiFi and Ethernet capability. Powered up the GEM. Verified that the amber com light came on. Factory reset the com module per the manual.

Problem encountered: Trying to connect my wifi enabled laptop (running WinXP) to the GEM. My laptop "sees" the GreenEye "network" and connects to it. I open a browser (tried in IE and Chrome), typed 192.168.2.2 into the URL line and hit return. Would not connect. It was supposed to bring up a sign in box. So I checked that the PC is set to obtain an IP address automatically. It is. Rebooted the laptop. No joy. Any suggestions?
If you download the GEM Network Utility, it can be used to find the WiFi/Ethernet module once connected to it. Some of the modules default to 1.2.3.4 instead of 192.168.2.2.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
JoeSoMD

Re: New GEM Install - Connecting PC to GEM Problem

Post by JoeSoMD » Mon May 26, 2014 10:37 am

Thank you Ben! It was 1.2.3.4 as you suggested