Can the GEM send to SEG and the DashBox at the same time?

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
nivfreak

Re: Can the GEM send to SEG and the DashBox at the same time

Post by nivfreak » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:17 am

ben wrote:
We've recently been in contact with the manufacturer of the WiFi/Ethernet module we use and they've implemented a way to have 2 separate TCP connections (one is strictly Client mode). We're working on implementing this into our system.

Ethernet and WiFi have an option to use a "Mixed" mode, what happens is that there's a setting which will kill any connection after X seconds of inactivity ("idle time"). The WiFi/Ethernet doesn't have that option.

Ben
Did anything ever come of this? I have a combo module and I do not love having to change back to server mode to make tweaks! :)
ben
Site Admin

Re: Can the GEM send to SEG and the DashBox at the same time

Post by ben » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:26 am

nivfreak wrote:
ben wrote:
We've recently been in contact with the manufacturer of the WiFi/Ethernet module we use and they've implemented a way to have 2 separate TCP connections (one is strictly Client mode). We're working on implementing this into our system.

Ethernet and WiFi have an option to use a "Mixed" mode, what happens is that there's a setting which will kill any connection after X seconds of inactivity ("idle time"). The WiFi/Ethernet doesn't have that option.

Ben
Did anything ever come of this? I have a combo module and I do not love having to change back to server mode to make tweaks! :)

It's implemented depending on the WiFi/Ethernet module you have. If you go to Device Management and the F/W version is a 4.##.## series, it should work.

Install the latest COM/ENG firmware, then go to the GEM Setup Page. The "Network" section controls the TCP2 connection (which is Client only).
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com