GEM & DB Network Configuration Enhancement Request

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
OzTechGeek

GEM & DB Network Configuration Enhancement Request

Post by OzTechGeek » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Just some observations and suggestions so far:

DB: Ability to set the "hostname" for the BashBox, currently there is not option to assigned a hostname and the DB shows up as "BrultechServer" on my network. The GEM has this option (GEM Network Setup Page/STA Interface Setting/DHCP Mode)

GEM & DB: Would be nice to have the option to define the DHCP scope range/subnet when both devices are set to "Access Point" mode. Currenlty the only option is to use 192.168.0.0 addressing

GEM & DB: Option to define your own NTP server settings for time syncing, I run my own time server internally and it would be nice to have both the GEM and DB obtain it's time from my internal network instead of externally, or have the option of setting another external time source.

DB: Since the DB only really supports the TL-721N/TL-722N wireless card it would be nice to have the same options for setting wireless network configuration settings that are available on the GEM Network Setup page under "AP Interface Setting"

GEM & DB: Ability to change the default port for the web interface on both GEM & DB, I'm not a big fan of having port 80 open and visible on the network, would rather have the ability to change the port to something less common.

GEM: Just an observation but the GEN Network Setup / Device Management / Administrator Settings page displays the "Administrator Password" instead of it been hidden like it is on the DB

GEM: Not sure if this is possible due to memory/storage space limitations on the GEM, I like the interface on the DB and since the GEM & DB are meant to work together, it would be nice if both interfaces resembled each other so it would be a seamless transition from one to the other, and common settings such as network settings or system settings would be under the same menu structure on each system

That's all I can think of right now, more may follow :)

Thoughts / Additions?
GEM + WiFi & Ethernet Module / DashBox + TL-WN722N
4 x Split-200 CT's / 60 x Micro-50 CT's / 8 x Micro-80 CT's
Current 2014-03-31: GEM COM v2.58 / GEM ENG v1.47 / DB Dashboard v4.1.5F1
Previous: GEM COM v2.57 / GEM ENG v1.47 / DB Dashboard v4.1.5B