www.mypowerpanel.com

Discuss anything which doesn't fall into the other categories here.
Nsinkola

www.mypowerpanel.com

Post by Nsinkola » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 am

Has anyone noticed that this website has no working links to any usable info? It also does not allow us to buy anything.

The brultech website works but has no info on buying the DB. All my requests to sales has fallen on deaf (no response) ears. Are these guys falling apart? I hope not as I like what I have purchased so far and Ben seems to be on the ball.
ben
Site Admin

Re: www.mypowerpanel.com

Post by ben » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:51 am

Nsinkola wrote:Has anyone noticed that this website has no working links to any usable info? It also does not allow us to buy anything.

The brultech website works but has no info on buying the DB. All my requests to sales has fallen on deaf (no response) ears. Are these guys falling apart? I hope not as I like what I have purchased so far and Ben seems to be on the ball.
We're not falling apart, just haven't found the time to transition to a proper webpage unfortunately. Properly working, bug free hardware and software is our focus right now (and support).

There's been a bug going around the office which I have luckily avoided, so sales has been a bit slow lately.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
kdroyer

Post by kdroyer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Ben,
I know you don't do sales, but I have a basic question, if I place an order online through your website and put a note on my order to include the dashbox, is there a paypal account that I can send a separate payment to for the dashbox? I've already waited over 3 weeks for a quote and want to place this order soon.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 am

kdroyer wrote:I know you don't do sales, but I have a basic question, if I place an order online through your website and put a note on my order to include the dashbox, is there a paypal account that I can send a separate payment to for the dashbox? I've already waited over 3 weeks for a quote and want to place this order soon.
Let me check with sales today and see if I can get them to send you over a quote.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
kdroyer

Post by kdroyer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks Ben,
Haven't seen anything today, hopefully tomorrow I will!!
kdroyer

Post by kdroyer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:11 pm

I got a response from Tammy/Sales. I wanted to confirm the CT sizes that I was ordering. I decided to go with the micro 50's due to the better accuracy and not much more expensive. I have several double 50 amp breakers (Spa, AC) I assume I can use two Micro 50's for each of these breakers? I thought I read somewhere that for a 50 amp breaker, use a micro 80, not a micro 50?

Also was wanting to use the micro 100's instead of the micro 80's (accuracy). Is it Ok to use a micro 100 on a double 60 amp breaker or will the accuracy be off since I will mostly be half of the rating of the Micro 100 ct?

Thanks....Looking forward to getting this setup!
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 am

kdroyer wrote:I got a response from Tammy/Sales. I wanted to confirm the CT sizes that I was ordering. I decided to go with the micro 50's due to the better accuracy and not much more expensive. I have several double 50 amp breakers (Spa, AC) I assume I can use two Micro 50's for each of these breakers? I thought I read somewhere that for a 50 amp breaker, use a micro 80, not a micro 50?

Also was wanting to use the micro 100's instead of the micro 80's (accuracy). Is it Ok to use a micro 100 on a double 60 amp breaker or will the accuracy be off since I will mostly be half of the rating of the Micro 100 ct?

Thanks....Looking forward to getting this setup!
The Micro-50s are technically only good up to a bit over 40A, but by electrical code no breaker can exceed 80% of its maximum rating. So there shouldn't be any issue using Micro-50s.

There's no issue using Micro-100s on the 60A breaker as its 1% across the board.

Accuracy of CTs is only really a big issue when you deal with very small/large draws of power. The graph here of the Micro-40s http://www.brultech.com/products/ECM124 ... icro40.htm for example under Specs shows that they only really become inaccurate around the 1A - 40A range. And if you take that piece of information about electrical code above, as long as you're using a breaker that's 40A or under, you'll only see inaccuracies around 1A-3A or less.

Ben
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.