I can't get the values

Ask questions about the GEM here.
Algruista

I can't get the values

Post by Algruista » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Took all afternoon trying to run my GEM with SEC, but has not been successful. All I've got is that I recognize the device but I can not see my channel values​​.
ben
Site Admin

Re: I can't get the values

Post by ben » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Algruista wrote:Took all afternoon trying to run my GEM with SEC, but has not been successful. All I've got is that I recognize the device but I can not see my channel values​​.
Can you email me (ben@brultech.com), or attach some screenshots here? Specifically, redirect your EtherPort back to your PC, and capture a packet coming in through the setup program (Debug screen).

Also a picture of your device settings on SEG, and Site Settings.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
Algruista

Post by Algruista » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:36 pm

ben wrote:
Algruista wrote:Took all afternoon trying to run my GEM with SEC, but has not been successful. All I've got is that I recognize the device but I can not see my channel values​​.
Can you email me (ben@brultech.com), or attach some screenshots here? Specifically, redirect your EtherPort back to your PC, and capture a packet coming in through the setup program (Debug screen).

First, thank you for caring about my problem, I have attached a rar file with all the print screen.
Attachments
BEN14.jpg
BEN14.jpg (97.84 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
Photos Ben.rar
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Algruista wrote:
ben wrote:

First, thank you for caring about my problem, I have attached a rar file with all the print screen.
Everything looks OK there. The calibration should be set for Power (W) channels only though, the watt-hour channels should have a calibration value of 1.

When you send to SEG do you check "Use DNS" in the EtherX settngs, and set it to "Client" operation mode?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
Algruista

Post by Algruista » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

The etherX what I have as a server. And the DNS were disabled. I'll try with these two parameters, thanks
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 am

Algruista wrote:The etherX what I have as a server. And the DNS were disabled. I'll try with these two parameters, thanks
Hopefully this gives a better explanation about what the EtherPort is used for.

The EtherPort establishes a connection between your energy monitor and whichever service you want to use (setup program, website, engine software, etc). If it's not set to send to SmartEnergyGroups.com for example, then your GEM won't be sending packets to SEG.

Client mode will send requests, and Server mode will wait for a request.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
Algruista

Post by Algruista » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:46 am

ben wrote:
Algruista wrote:The etherX what I have as a server. And the DNS were disabled. I'll try with these two parameters, thanks
Hopefully this gives a better explanation about what the EtherPort is used for.

The EtherPort establishes a connection between your energy monitor and whichever service you want to use (setup program, website, engine software, etc). If it's not set to send to SmartEnergyGroups.com for example, then your GEM won't be sending packets to SEG.

Client mode will send requests, and Server mode will wait for a request.
I fail to see the values ​​of the different circuits of my GEM. No I'm doing wrong, but maybe it's a bug in the new firmware, 1.53.
By the way when I set the GEM as the DNS client and I can not access configuration GreenEye Monitor.
BEN14.jpg
BEN14.jpg (97.84 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
Ben15.jpg
Ben15.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:17 am

Algruista wrote:
Ben15.jpg
Try setting your DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 (Googles DNS). It doesn't look like it's able to resolve the domain name.

You can only have the GEM connected to one thing at a time, that's why you can't access it with the setup software.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.