Solar CT direction change when running battery

Ask questions about the GEM here.
rnoble

Solar CT direction change when running battery

Post by rnoble » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:31 pm

I've been running a GEM/Dashbox combo for years now and just recently added an ECOFlow Smart Home Panel and two Delta Pro batteries as backup and to run critical loads during peak rates. I just noticed today that when I switch the critical loads to run off of battery power (during peak rates) that the CTs read my solar input as switching directions.

My GEM/Dashbox are on a backed up circuit. Is it possible that I have it backed up on the opposite phase coming from the battery than it is when grid connected? I thought I had the grid/battery phases aligned but I could be wrong.

Could this be the problem?

ben
Site Admin

Re: Solar CT direction change when running battery

Post by ben » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:41 am

rnoble wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:31 pm
I've been running a GEM/Dashbox combo for years now and just recently added an ECOFlow Smart Home Panel and two Delta Pro batteries as backup and to run critical loads during peak rates. I just noticed today that when I switch the critical loads to run off of battery power (during peak rates) that the CTs read my solar input as switching directions.

My GEM/Dashbox are on a backed up circuit. Is it possible that I have it backed up on the opposite phase coming from the battery than it is when grid connected? I thought I had the grid/battery phases aligned but I could be wrong.

Could this be the problem?

What channels make up that Net channel? Is it just the inverter?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com