GEM firmware upgrade seems to have failed, what now?

Ask questions about the GEM here.
ben
Site Admin

Re: GEM firmware upgrade seems to have failed, what now?

Post by ben » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:33 pm

vilord wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:09 pm
ben wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:59 pm
You can send a ^^^SYSHDW00 command to disable both HW options
Is this something I can do through dashbox, or do i need to hook back up the programming laptop?
The Hardware Config is what we're looking for, "No Modules Configured" is correct. Everything looks fine.

WiFi/Ethernet Module: Enabled just means it can support a WiFi/Ethernet module. Wording there is a bit confusing.

Set your Secondary Packet format to Disabled. It'll send echo the same packet thru both COM ports when disabled, the 2nd red flash should go away.

Commands can be sent thru any TCP/IP Client program, figured that would be easier then having to swap between laptops for commands not available thru the Setup Webpage.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
vilord

Post by vilord » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:57 pm

Ah okay, that makes sense. Doesn't explain why the baud rate changed, but :shrug:

For the COM2, is there a specific response the GEM is looking for as an ACK? Is that why it was showing an error in the flash sequence?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:31 pm

vilord wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:57 pm
Ah okay, that makes sense. Doesn't explain why the baud rate changed, but :shrug:

For the COM2, is there a specific response the GEM is looking for as an ACK? Is that why it was showing an error in the flash sequence?
When the baud rate issue happened, was it the first time power was cycled since you updated? It's possible something got into memory thru all the firmware updates that were attempted which caused it to default to 19200 between power cycles.

Is the LED still going red, green, red off when the packets leave?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
vilord

Post by vilord » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:36 pm

As you described, when I set the packet format to disabled for COM2 it stopped the flash sequence.

For the baud rate issue: no it wasn't the first time I had powered it off... I powered if off and back on a number of times after the flash on my desk between putting the battery back in and checking that the error was gone to hooking up and testing out the dashbox connection.