Gem LEDs both green and rapidly blinking

Ask questions about the GEM here.
MrEmbedded

Gem LEDs both green and rapidly blinking

Post by MrEmbedded » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:40 am

I have a strange issue that I didn't see an answer for already. Both of the LEDs are rapidly blinking when the unit is rebooted and I cannot connect to it. I suspect the power supply may have failed and is not pushing the correct voltage out but do not have another one handy to test this theory. I also cannot connect to the unit anymore via ethernet. I have unplugged it for a bit but the same condition occurs when replugged.

Can someone shed some light on this LED pattern and what this indicates?
MrEmbedded

Re: Gem LEDs both green and rapidly blinking

Post by MrEmbedded » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm

I was able to change out the coin battery and the behaviour is a little different now with the LEDs changing colors on boot but its still not solid per se. rapidly blinking and still cannot connect. The ethernet module also shows no activity lights.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm

MrEmbedded wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm
I was able to change out the coin battery and the behaviour is a little different now with the LEDs changing colors on boot but its still not solid per se. rapidly blinking and still cannot connect. The ethernet module also shows no activity lights.
Does your power supply match the one noted at https://www.brultech.com/contact?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
MrEmbedded

Post by MrEmbedded » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:36 am

Yep I have an older 1.5a adapter so that must be the exact issue. I actually found some 2.0a adapters that have the correct barrel dimensions and am waiting for them to arrive. If these don't do the job I'll order one from you directly.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:16 am

MrEmbedded wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:36 am
Yep I have an older 1.5a adapter so that must be the exact issue. I actually found some 2.0a adapters that have the correct barrel dimensions and am waiting for them to arrive. If these don't do the job I'll order one from you directly.
Should work fine just make sure to check all your settings as that old supply can cause some correction.

Feel free to email me screenshots of the Adv section to check.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
MrEmbedded

Post by MrEmbedded » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:42 am

New power supplies arrived today. Back in business.