GEM Network Utility - Live Data Page request

Ask questions about the GEM here.
Mustang65

GEM Network Utility - Live Data Page request

Post by Mustang65 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:03 pm

I can not be the first to request this, but here it is anyway. On the Live Data Page display can you possibly add the "Channel" name in the blank columns in front of the Channel number? As I am suffering from "Lack of Youth" I have to really think about what each channel is reporting.... OK, I am tired of trying to locate my "Cheat-Sheet" that the above mentioned disability keeps me from locating. The names are already in the dB, well that is if it was entered, which in my case it was.

It should not be that difficult as I am not asking for a small gif showing the clothes spinning in a front load dryer or a pot of soup boiling with steam coming out of the pot on top of a stove... but do not count that thought out as someone may ask for it.

That second item in Ben Franklin's quote below is getting to be a pain with this "Lack of Youth" crap

Thanks
Don

Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I will understand.
Benjamin Franklin
ben
Site Admin

Re: GEM Network Utility - Live Data Page request

Post by ben » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Mustang65 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:03 pm
I can not be the first to request this, but here it is anyway. On the Live Data Page display can you possibly add the "Channel" name in the blank columns in front of the Channel number? As I am suffering from "Lack of Youth" I have to really think about what each channel is reporting.... OK, I am tired of trying to locate my "Cheat-Sheet" that the above mentioned disability keeps me from locating. The names are already in the dB, well that is if it was entered, which in my case it was.

It should not be that difficult as I am not asking for a small gif showing the clothes spinning in a front load dryer or a pot of soup boiling with steam coming out of the pot on top of a stove... but do not count that thought out as someone may ask for it.

That second item in Ben Franklin's quote below is getting to be a pain with this "Lack of Youth" crap

Thanks
The Live Data on the GEM Network Utility just polls the GEM directly, it has no interaction with the DashBox.

How is your GEM connected to the DashBox? If you're using the latest F/W on there, the "Live Data" button in the Settings section basically does the same thing. I can likely expand this to work with WiFi/Ethernet and/or Ethernet devices. I just need a good way to figure out what port it's listening over (8000 is the default).
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com