Old IP was 192.x new router firmware 10.x cannot find

Ask questions about the GEM here.
bidiet

Old IP was 192.x new router firmware 10.x cannot find

Post by bidiet » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:54 pm

Hey,

I used to run DDWRT on my nighthawk x6 router, I ran into issues and have since put regular firmware back on. I believe I may have set the static IP of the GEM and dashbox to the 192.x protocol and now that the network is on 10.x I cannot find the GEM or Dashbox through GEM network utility or the Device Discovery. I have tried to reset the data on the GEM but it doesn't seem to be responsive. I was able to login to the AP mode through the WIFI, but I'm unable to find anything on the network behind the new router settings. I have reset the GEM network with the hard reset button and tried to follow the guide to reconnect to the GEM but I'm unable to locate either the dashbox or the GEM on the network. I have tried to connect the ethernet cable to the dashbox, then tried to connect it to the GEM. I have also tried to set a static IP address, then switched back to auto assign. I am also trying to connect the GEM behind a network switch, does that cause problems?

Is there something I need to do to reset network settings? It's been unable to connect for a few months now, but I've been too busy to address it. It's getting to the point where a lease is about to be up and I could use the data for negotiating the next leaase agreement so hopefully the data won't be lost on the dashbox.

I'm sort of stuck, any help is appreciated.
ben
Site Admin

Re: Old IP was 192.x new router firmware 10.x cannot find

Post by ben » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:41 am

bidiet wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:54 pm
Hey,

I used to run DDWRT on my nighthawk x6 router, I ran into issues and have since put regular firmware back on. I believe I may have set the static IP of the GEM and dashbox to the 192.x protocol and now that the network is on 10.x I cannot find the GEM or Dashbox through GEM network utility or the Device Discovery. I have tried to reset the data on the GEM but it doesn't seem to be responsive. I was able to login to the AP mode through the WIFI, but I'm unable to find anything on the network behind the new router settings. I have reset the GEM network with the hard reset button and tried to follow the guide to reconnect to the GEM but I'm unable to locate either the dashbox or the GEM on the network. I have tried to connect the ethernet cable to the dashbox, then tried to connect it to the GEM. I have also tried to set a static IP address, then switched back to auto assign. I am also trying to connect the GEM behind a network switch, does that cause problems?

Is there something I need to do to reset network settings? It's been unable to connect for a few months now, but I've been too busy to address it. It's getting to the point where a lease is about to be up and I could use the data for negotiating the next leaase agreement so hopefully the data won't be lost on the dashbox.

I'm sort of stuck, any help is appreciated.
Use the button at the back of the DashBox to reset the Ethernet settings to DHCP. Press and release the button then press and release again when solid orange:

- Solid Red - Reboot
- Solid Green
- Solid Orange - DHCP reset (press it in again here)
- Solid Green
- Off - Reset admin login
- Solid Green - Normal operation

Does the GEMs AP see the new Access Point when you do a search? If you're trying to connect via WiFi try setting the Encryption Type to AES on the GEM-side.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
bidiet

Re: Old IP was 192.x new router firmware 10.x cannot find

Post by bidiet » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Got it working, thanks!