can't open GEM browser with time outs

Ask questions about the GEM here.
topherhansen

can't open GEM browser with time outs

Post by topherhansen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:47 am

I stopped getting data from my GEM to my website a few weeks ago and just noticed. Happened around when we had a power outage.
When I try to connect to the GEM with GEM Netowrk Utility I get connection, but it can't get the GEM serial number (Fail #2) as well and get time out alerts in GEM Network Utility. It does show the green status connected and finds the device's IP address. And when I click on Open in Browser that also times out.

On the device I see the network lights blink on the ethernet jack, but I recall two lights at the very top right of the gem main board and those aren't lit anymore.
ben
Site Admin

Re: can't open GEM browser with time outs

Post by ben » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:41 am

topherhansen wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:47 am
I stopped getting data from my GEM to my website a few weeks ago and just noticed. Happened around when we had a power outage.
When I try to connect to the GEM with GEM Netowrk Utility I get connection, but it can't get the GEM serial number (Fail #2) as well and get time out alerts in GEM Network Utility. It does show the green status connected and finds the device's IP address. And when I click on Open in Browser that also times out.

On the device I see the network lights blink on the ethernet jack, but I recall two lights at the very top right of the gem main board and those aren't lit anymore.
Any idea what COM F/W you were running?

If black board -> Pop the battery at the top near the LEDs (push from the back), unplug, wait ~5 seconds, plug back in.
If blue board -> Remove jumper from above Ethernet jack, unplug, wait 5 seconds, plug back in.

Try to pull the settings again.

If that works, update the COM/ENG to the latest (report back the COM F/W first). It's likely your settings got corrupted if it's a COM F/W version less then 4.XX. I'd suggest Factory Resetting via the GEM Network Utility and restoring your settings.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
topherhansen

Post by topherhansen » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:11 am

Yay, I'm back in business. Thanks so much!
I have a black board, was on comm firmware 4.33 (only know because i still have the file in my download, couldn't get that from the Get GEM Info button before taking the battery out). Now that it's talking again it confirms I'm on C 4.33 and E 1.49.
Website loads again
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 am

topherhansen wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:11 am
Yay, I'm back in business. Thanks so much!
I have a black board, was on comm firmware 4.33 (only know because i still have the file in my download, couldn't get that from the Get GEM Info button before taking the battery out). Now that it's talking again it confirms I'm on C 4.33 and E 1.49.
Website loads again
What's the label on your power supply? Does it happen to say "AC Adaptor"?

Try loading COM 5.13 at http://brultech.com/software/
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
topherhansen

Post by topherhansen » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 am

it says Brultech
Model: HCd5-500
Date 0912
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:43 pm

topherhansen wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 am
it says Brultech
Model: HCd5-500
Date 0912
Should be 2 power adapters, check the 2nd one. That one is your PT.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.