"Err1 = Low battery warning" with supercapacitor

Ask questions about the GEM here.
peppersass

Re: "Err1 = Low battery warning" with supercapacitor

Post by peppersass » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:10 pm

ben wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:54 pm
We're having an opposite problem, with the cap disconnected we can't get low battery. Debugging it but it looks like your unit is fine.
OK. I’ll keep an eye on it. Let me know if you find an explanation.

BTW, when I navigate through GEM menus, often the browser says it can’t display the page. It takes one or more page refreshes to display the page. It’ll do that when I have it displaying Live Data, too. It’ll update the counters a few times, then fail to display the page and I have to wait for it to refresh again or do a manual refresh. Similarly, when changing parameters, say a CT type, the change won’t take effect on the first try and I have to enter the channel number and parameters again. It does the same thing on Chrome, IE, Safari, Windows, Mac, iOS, etc. Bottom line, it’s a very bumpy process to navigate through the GEM menus.

My connection is Ethernet. Could this be a baud rate issue? COM1 is set to 115K baud. COM2 is disabled.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:59 pm

peppersass wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:10 pm
ben wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:54 pm
We're having an opposite problem, with the cap disconnected we can't get low battery. Debugging it but it looks like your unit is fine.
OK. I’ll keep an eye on it. Let me know if you find an explanation.

BTW, when I navigate through GEM menus, often the browser says it can’t display the page. It takes one or more page refreshes to display the page. It’ll do that when I have it displaying Live Data, too. It’ll update the counters a few times, then fail to display the page and I have to wait for it to refresh again or do a manual refresh. Similarly, when changing parameters, say a CT type, the change won’t take effect on the first try and I have to enter the channel number and parameters again. It does the same thing on Chrome, IE, Safari, Windows, Mac, iOS, etc. Bottom line, it’s a very bumpy process to navigate through the GEM menus.

My connection is Ethernet. Could this be a baud rate issue? COM1 is set to 115K baud. COM2 is disabled.
When you navigate, if you wait ~5 seconds per page does the problem persist? The GEM web server implementation is very basic.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
peppersass

Post by peppersass » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:39 pm

ben wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:59 pm
When you navigate, if you wait ~5 seconds per page does the problem persist? The GEM web server implementation is very basic.
The problem persists no matter how long I wait before clicking on a button. I just realized this: the first time I hit a button, nothing happens. I don’t see a progress bar under the address bar that would indicate it’s waiting for the address to respond. When this happens on my iPad, which I’m using now, it looks like there’s an upside down triangle with an exclamation mark before the address. I’ll have to check on my Windows machine to see if the triangle shows up there, too. If I hit the button a second time, one of three things will happen: 1) nothing, 2) the site can’t be reached, 3) the page is displayed.

If I just leave it on the Live Data page, it might refresh once or twice, but inevitably it gets a “site can’t be reached” and I have to manually refresh.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:16 am

peppersass wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:39 pm
ben wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:59 pm
The problem persists no matter how long I wait before clicking on a button. I just realized this: the first time I hit a button, nothing happens. I don’t see a progress bar under the address bar that would indicate it’s waiting for the address to respond. When this happens on my iPad, which I’m using now, it looks like there’s an upside down triangle with an exclamation mark before the address. I’ll have to check on my Windows machine to see if the triangle shows up there, too. If I hit the button a second time, one of three things will happen: 1) nothing, 2) the site can’t be reached, 3) the page is displayed.

If I just leave it on the Live Data page, it might refresh once or twice, but inevitably it gets a “site can’t be reached” and I have to manually refresh.
What's your packet send interval set to?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com