GEM /DB channel question

Ask questions about the GEM here.
bgrubb1

GEM /DB channel question

Post by bgrubb1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:07 pm

I have wired some solar into my Pool pump circuit. It's not on a circuit where I can call it net or main since it normally draws more power than the solar provides. It "appears" that in my current config. when the solar produces, when I hit the point that the circuit goes negative (solar producing more than pump consuming) the DB reading goes to near zero, then starts showing the negative power as positive consumption. Have tried experimenting with DB and Gem channel settings and no joy. Is there a way to configure a "normal" channel to display its negative reading ??
...Barry
ben
Site Admin

Re: GEM /DB channel question

Post by ben » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am

bgrubb1 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:07 pm
I have wired some solar into my Pool pump circuit. It's not on a circuit where I can call it net or main since it normally draws more power than the solar provides. It "appears" that in my current config. when the solar produces, when I hit the point that the circuit goes negative (solar producing more than pump consuming) the DB reading goes to near zero, then starts showing the negative power as positive consumption. Have tried experimenting with DB and Gem channel settings and no joy. Is there a way to configure a "normal" channel to display its negative reading ??
...Barry
If it has a chance of going negative it has to be set to NET. It'll show up normally when not producing more then it's consuming.

Needs to be a NET channel to show negative. Normal channels don't take the polarized counter into consideration.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
bgrubb1

Post by bgrubb1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:56 pm

so both the GEM and DB set to net ?
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:00 pm

bgrubb1 wrote: