Problems with temperatures when sending via tcp/ip

Ask questions about the GEM here.
bjcatlin

Problems with temperatures when sending via tcp/ip

Post by bjcatlin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello,
I seem to be having some issues with my GEM and it's temperature readings when sending packets over TCP/IP. Let me describe my setup right quick:

I have a GEM connected to a black Dashbox via RS-232
I have an ECM-1240 connected to a silver Dashbox via RS-232
In order to have all of my data in one place, the GEM also forwards packets to the silver Dashbox over the network.

The problem that I am seeing is that the black Dashbox is correctly reading the temperature being sent by the GEM over the RS232 connection, but the packet being sent to the silver Dashbox via the network always shows a temperature of 62.5F. When I look at the packet from the silver Dashbox, it does show T=62.5, while the packet on the black Dashbox (connected via rs232) shows T=55.0 (the correct temperature at this time).

On the GEM, I have Real Time Status enabled, Primary COM1 Packet Format set to HTTP GET, Packet Send Interval set to 5, and Secondary COM2 Packet Format set to Bin-48-NET-Time.
Data is set to post to the silver dashbox, port 80, with a URL of /index.php/ecmEngine/greeneye.
COM version 4.33
ENG version 1.49
Hardware configuration 166

Also, when I click on Live Data in the GEM setup, it is also always showing a temperature of 62.5F, no matter what the correct temperature is.

FYI: I only have one temperature sensor installed, so I don't know if this would affect any additional sensors.
ben
Site Admin

Re: Problems with temperatures when sending via tcp/ip

Post by ben » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 am

Can you check in the GEM Setup Webpage that all sensors except for the one are disabled? Just in case it's trying to poll other sensors and getting messed up.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
bjcatlin

Post by bjcatlin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Sensors 2 through 8 are all unchecked in the "Enabled" column and have addresses of all F's (it doesn't appear to be seeing any ghost sensors or anything), and it is set for "Degree F" in the settings.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Pauls going to take a look into this in a bit, I sent him your thread.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:54 am

Is this a black or blue GEM board? We're trying it right now and are unable to reproduce it so far.

Does it happen at all temperatures or only when at 62.5/55?

Are you using pulse count at all?
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
bjcatlin

Post by bjcatlin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Well, I hate to say this, but I have no idea what color the PCBoard is. It's a couple hundred miles away from me, and none of the pictures I have of it have the cover off. I can tell you that I purchased it at the beginning of 2015, it has a 5V/1.0F supercapacitor on the bottom of the lower PC Board, and it was one of the first models that would accept a firmware update at the 115k baud rate, if any of that helps...

The GEM is reporting 62.5 degrees via the network no matter what temperature it is. The rs232 connection always shows the correct temperature. I am not using any of the pulse counters, and they are all disabled in the setup screen.

I guess I could try re-flashing the firmware... Would this likely be in the COM or the ENG firmware?
bjcatlin

Post by bjcatlin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Well it seems that I've fixed the issue.... Went in to the GEM settings and told it to reboot the ENG, and now it is sending the correct temperature both via rs232 and network! Guess something must have just gotten stuck, and since my GEM is powered via a UPS, it very rarely ever gets shut down or rebooted.

Thank you for your help!!!
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 pm

bjcatlin wrote:Well it seems that I've fixed the issue.... Went in to the GEM settings and told it to reboot the ENG, and now it is sending the correct temperature both via rs232 and network! Guess something must have just gotten stuck, and since my GEM is powered via a UPS, it very rarely ever gets shut down or rebooted.

Thank you for your help!!!
Glad it's resolved, I'll let Paul know.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.