POST DATA ip address not changing

Ask questions about the GEM here.
pcrover

POST DATA ip address not changing

Post by pcrover » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:38 pm

My GEM has been posting data via IP to my server for months now with no issues. Now I want to change the posting to another server at a different IP address on the same network. I get into setup mode and change the POST to IP address, save the setting, exit setup mode. It then continues to post to the old IP address even though it shows changed when I re-enter setup mode.

I tried power cycling everything (GEM, and Ethernet Switch) and still it posts to the old IP address.

Any idea what is going on here???
ben
Site Admin

Re: POST DATA ip address not changing

Post by ben » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:25 pm

pcrover wrote:My GEM has been posting data via IP to my server for months now with no issues. Now I want to change the posting to another server at a different IP address on the same network. I get into setup mode and change the POST to IP address, save the setting, exit setup mode. It then continues to post to the old IP address even though it shows changed when I re-enter setup mode.

I tried power cycling everything (GEM, and Ethernet Switch) and still it posts to the old IP address.

There's 2 places you need to put that IP address, one in the Ethernet Setup, the other under Data Post in the GEM Setup Webpage.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
pcrover

Re: POST DATA ip address not changing

Post by pcrover » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:24 pm

ben wrote:
pcrover wrote:My GEM has been posting data via IP to my server for months now with no issues. Now I want to change the posting to another server at a different IP address on the same network. I get into setup mode and change the POST to IP address, save the setting, exit setup mode. It then continues to post to the old IP address even though it shows changed when I re-enter setup mode.

There's 2 places you need to put that IP address, one in the Ethernet Setup, the other under Data Post in the GEM Setup Webpage.
Thanks! I completely forgot about that IP setup location. All good now.

Gary