GEM and Dashbox

Ask questions about the GEM here.
jkmonroe

GEM and Dashbox

Post by jkmonroe » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:10 pm

So I got my new Dashbox and hooked everything up. The GEM was found by the Dashbox via STS cable, and I went through following the PDF to configure everything. I have some strange behavior that I will have trouble explaining ...

(1) The Dashbox/GEM connected and claims the last packet sent at 2018-04-25 6:59:54 PM
(1a) However, if I select a channel, I see: Live Data last refreshed Apr 25, 11:00:06 pm
(1b) BUUUT, in the graph, the timestamp on the X-axis is the same 6:59PM as in (1)
(2) I attempted to use the ethernet module, and did get it to register but could never connect.
(2a) I am new at this, and when I put port 8000 in the LOCAL IP everything broke. See page 23.
(3) And now I am getting "Cancelled load from http://x.x.x.x:8001/y becuase it is using HTTP/0.9."(:0)

Everything else seems to work as expected. The GEM itself shows live data and all of the fanciness in the Network Utility seems to work OK. I tried to futz with the baud rate like I read about here on the forums, but that didn't fix anything.

Please help? :)
jkmonroe

Re: GEM and Dashbox

Post by jkmonroe » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:35 am

Well, maybe I jumped the gun a bit? I checked when I woke up this morning and it looks like all of my data is now in my Dashbox. The Settings tab doesn't show the exclamation point anymore, it isn't in error status, and I can see data and graphs and fanciness.

From other posts, I was under the impression that the connection would be immediate, but I guess not. I did give it somewhere near 3 hours last night to sync with no success, but somewhere between me making the post last night and this one this morning, everything has started working. :)
ben
Site Admin

Post by ben » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:35 am

jkmonroe wrote:Well, maybe I jumped the gun a bit? I checked when I woke up this morning and it looks like all of my data is now in my Dashbox. The Settings tab doesn't show the exclamation point anymore, it isn't in error status, and I can see data and graphs and fanciness.

From other posts, I was under the impression that the connection would be immediate, but I guess not. I did give it somewhere near 3 hours last night to sync with no success, but somewhere between me making the post last night and this one this morning, everything has started working. :)
Any chance you were in the setup page of the GEM at all? When the setup page is open, and if you don't exit it, it won't send packets until it exits or after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Ben
Brultech Research Inc.
E: ben(at)brultech.com
jkmonroe

Post by jkmonroe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:19 am

ben wrote:Any chance you were in the setup page of the GEM at all? When the setup page is open, and if you don't exit it, it won't send packets until it exits or after 10 minutes of inactivity.
No, that was pretty well marked up when you go through the setup process. I am 100% certain the GEM setup page was closed in the browser.

It's been working great for the last couple of days, so I am happy. My next project is to interface the GEM with my home automation software; I'm hoping that goes a little more smoothly. :)